Real Madrid gets Jovic
by KnightlyRevue (2019-06-04 10:34:16)

I saw him play a few times in Europa but did not see him much in Bundesliga. Anyone have any thoughts on him as a player? He does not move like your typical striker in that I did not see much pace in his game but he sure seems like he has a nose for being in the right place and is an excellent finisher. Would a comparison to Benzema (Benz has never been a score first striker) at this stage in his career be fair?

Im genuinely curious
by HTownND  (2019-06-05 12:31:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What is the RM angle with the Hazard stuff?

Do they think that the passage of time will bring his price down?

Chelsea will hold firm and you can have him free next year, but from all indications Zindane wants him now.

So it seems to me, if you want him now, meet the price (which isn’t coming down) or wait a year.

Are they really willing to wait?

Chelsea has plenty of money, they don’t need the sale of Hazard to finance anything, so there is no reason to come down in price at this point.

I am not sure what the delay is
by KnightlyRevue  (2019-06-05 17:44:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

rooted in. Every Madrid publication I read (Marca, El Pais, El Mundo, AS) they all say that the price will be near $120M and that Madrid has agreed to it though they prefer the price closer to $100M. Hazard was just in Spain vacationing prior to the qualifiers.

They are also trying to time the announcement with the launch of the new kit (supposed to be tomorrow or Saturday) as they want boost Hazard jersey sales at the announcement and unveil him there. The issue is Modric wears #10. Hazard wants #10 and the only number available is #16 which has no historical basis at the club. There is talk Madrid is waiting to sell Bale so they can give Hazard #11.

I do not think the deal will die but I have also learned not to bet on owners and agents until the announcement is made.

It appears to be done
by HTownND  (2019-06-06 12:17:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

With both sides able to claim financial victory.

Real Madrid gets the base price of 100M Euros they wanted, and Chelsea will get their 130M Euros when all the bonuses are factored in.

Yup, looking like $88M-$100M
by KnightlyRevue  (2019-06-06 12:20:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

with incentives that are easily achievable driving the total to $130M+ That seems like a reasonable way to approach it and a fair deal for both sides.

Again, I am not in love with Hazard but there is no doubt the talent is there. I just wonder how motivated he will be for the trip to Alaves in November which is the type of team that has prevented Madrid from winning the league due to dropping silly points/lack of focus and motivation.

I suspect
by HTownND  (2019-06-06 12:29:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You'll get amazing effort from him all season.

He's really passionate about playing for Zidane. I suspect that partnership will unlock some of that talent that didn't always show up.

PS
by HTownND  (2019-06-06 13:50:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He really is amazing to watch play. He had an outstanding season this past one.

I'd been down on him because he didn't always show up, but that wasn't the case this year. He was simply amazing.

I suspect when it's all said and done, Real Madrid will be extremely happy with this move.

I hope so
by KnightlyRevue  (2019-06-06 19:30:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The times I have seen him play he tends to float a bit but shows glimmers of elite play and dazzling technical skill that seems to come easy to him. I do agree with you that the Zidane relationship may influence and motivate consistency in his effort. I guess we'll see. Madrid fans can be a prickly bunch, especially for guys they think aren’t sweating for the shirt.

And then there is Juve
by HTownND  (2019-06-05 20:03:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Who apparently just want Chelsea to let Sarri out of his contract to go there, with no compensation.

WTF?

A good example of his skill set...
by iudomer  (2019-06-04 16:14:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a younger version of Lewandowski I'd say. Like how he was initially at Dortmund.

Nice.
by KnightlyRevue  (2019-06-05 08:37:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Left foot, right foot, volley, header. Would love to see that at Madrid.

And looks like Lyon's Mendy as well *
by alleghenyirish  (2019-06-04 12:11:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It appears
by HTownND  (2019-06-04 13:37:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This article isn’t far off

Looks like Hazard will sign at $120M and then
by KnightlyRevue  (2019-06-04 14:13:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it will be Erickson (Zizou not wild about him) if Juve signs Pogba with the back up guy being Donny van de Beek. Looks like Isco is going to get his walking papers. I like Jovic and Hazard but I still think the main need for Madrid to close out would be a CB that can develop. Militao is a good start but Ramos is not getting any younger.

If they sign Neymar for more than $250M I will throw up. I have no interest. The guy is a cancer.

There isn't any...
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-06-04 15:13:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

strain of cancer that rolls as well as Neymar.

Pisses me off when my little nephews wear his jersey.

He is making friends on his national team as
by KnightlyRevue  (2019-06-04 17:38:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

well with his embarrassing video this week where he gets megged by a young teammate and his response it to whip him around by his shirt.

Historically, I have loved that national team but I can't wait for the era of Neymar to end.

Lost his captaincy with Brazil
by wcnitz  (2019-06-05 07:49:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving person.

And now out of Copa
by KnightlyRevue  (2019-06-06 09:17:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

With torn ligaments in his ankle. The hits keep coming for Neymar.

I have loved them, too.
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-06-04 18:05:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Even Neymar doesn't ruin them for me. I'm floored he keeps scoring goals for them. It boggles my mind.

Hitting kids is wrong.
by NDBass  (2019-06-04 16:41:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There's nothing that says you can't punch your brother/brother-in-law in the face, though.