Good one---Brazil v Australia. 4 Portland Thorns on the two
by Domerduck (2019-06-13 12:29:09)
Edited on 2019-06-13 12:29:48

teams...3 Aussies (Carpenter, Foord, & Raso) and 1 Brazilian (Andressinha). This game matches the 4 Thorns on the USA team (Heath, Horan, Sonnett, & Franch). Canada's captain legend Sinclair is the 9th Thorn playing in France. The Thorns also have some alumni who won NWSL championships w/Portland who play significant roles on their national team notably the leading scorer for the US-Alex Morgan and French Captain-Amandine Henry. Only Olympique Lyon has more club representation in this World Cup.

Watched at lunch - it was great
by DakotaDomer  (2019-06-13 17:55:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I never found out the explanation on Australia’s 3rd goal

Did they decide she wasn’t offsides?
Did they decide the offsides didn’t affect the goal enough?

That the Aussie willingly played the ball negating offsides
by spade  (2019-06-13 23:23:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kinda reminded me of the Spurs vs Arsenal game where Kane was offsides but a player fouled him in the box.

I think the Kane example really shouldn’t have been a penalty, but one of those instances where if the player would have just dropped off, it maybe would have been better. Still I expect every defender to play it through even if it ends up with as a bad decision.

Actually it was the Brazilian (Monica) who had the own goal.
by Domerduck  (2019-06-14 20:14:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The replay determined Kerr (the Australian) did not impact the play. Nice way for Australia to win.

The latter. *
by miamioh_irishfan  (2019-06-13 18:11:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post