Glad we have Pulisic.
by baloo88 (2019-07-04 00:52:10)

Any chance Zardes wouldn't have launched that thing halfway to Memphis?

I noticed the same thing last night about that 3rd goal.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2019-07-04 11:36:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He didn't try to kick a 55-yard FG. He kept it under control and did enough to get it over the white line.

Easily the best player in this tournament
by wcnitz  (2019-07-04 01:08:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Cannon and Ream were fine defensively, but they really struggled connecting with midfield. Cannon in particular - he had some moments but seemed way more negative than positive.

Not having Adams has been an issue, just made more glaring tonight.

He makes all the difference
by Terramarirish  (2019-07-04 01:03:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The guy is 20 and he’s the best ever to pull on a US shirt.

McKennie is no slouch.
by NDMike2001  (2019-07-04 11:36:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Having McKennie play alongside Bradley allows them to alternate going forward and finding long through balls while Pulisic is able to roam and be a playmaker.

The back line is still very suspect and they can’t build out of the back for shit, but their creativity and athleticism in the midfield compensates for lack of quality in other areas.

He's a nice compliment to Bradley
by terramarirish  (2019-07-04 13:51:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The thing I like best about McKennie at this point is his work rate.

Bradley has always naturally gravitated toward more of a holding role - especially as he's gotten older - and Weston covers a ton of ground. Between the two of them, they allow Pulisic a degree of freedom that really brings out the best of his game - like you said.

With the back line, it's same as it ever was. I have some hope for Cannon, although I haven't seen him play much. Hopefully Yedlin will make a full recovery...and maybe Cannon can play on the left? Suffice to say, I'm not a Ream fan.

I love Bradley for his work rate. Always have.
by NDMike2001  (2019-07-05 08:19:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The thing I love about McKennie is that he brings so much more than that.

There's a chance.
by Mr Wednesday  (2019-07-04 00:58:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He had that really nice bending shot for a goal earlier in the tournament.

Granted, it's not a very good chance.

I assume he was trying to go low and near post.
by NDBass  (2019-07-04 01:03:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And he just Zardesed it into a great shot.