Sounds like it’s done...
by Wooderson (2019-08-08 16:00:42)

In reply to: I would pay money to watch a Luiz/Mustafi pairing  posted by wcnitz

Tierney and Luiz on the last day, Ceballos Salina and Pepe? Good lord, they have done work.

Top 4 for sure. The title is realistic.

I enjoy your optimism, but I don't see it
by ChicagoWave03  (2019-08-12 11:08:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think we should end up in 3rd if everyone stays healthy, and have a legitimate shot at Europa as well. But I don't think we have the depth to hold up over the season to challenge City. I think Liverpool may also struggle to keep up with City over the course of the season as well, given they aren't exactly the deepest squad around. But we shall see. It was certainly a hell of a transfer window.

Top 4 yes; Europa yes
by santamonica  (2019-08-08 17:01:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Title - Pool and Citeh Are still the teams to beat. This is probably another year where garnering a CL spot is probably as close to a trophy as we may get.

Saliba isn’t coming until next year and I still think they need another center back. I hope Mustafi stays on the line except for FA/Carbao Cup ties - my goodness how shambolic will Luiz/Mustafi pairing be (cue Yakety Sax).

It’s going to take some time for this new back line to gel with the goalkeeper and with each other. I think this team is set up to score a lot of goals but is also going to give up a lot of goals as well. I for ee a lot of 4-3 score lines.

As long as there’s an epic beat down of Spurs, competitive matches with Citeh/Pool/ManU, and few wasted points against mid-to-lower table teams, I’ll be happy.