Premier League and FPL GW 1
by JackDB (2019-08-09 18:16:25)

I'm a simple man. I captain Mo Salah, and I score lots of points.

Don't know if weekly discussion threads are a thing here. Liverpool looked good in attack today but the defense looked very leaky. Lack of focus against a team favorites for relegation maybe?

If I lose to AVERAGE...
by iudomer  (2019-08-10 17:02:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I will really hate myself.

A few thoughts:
by NDBass  (2019-08-09 20:57:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

1) Defense is still getting up to speed. That back four hadn't played together competitively in a while.
2) They didn't need to do much in the second half, so they lost focus a bit.
3) Alisson's injury didn't help second half focus either.
4) Norwich doesn't mess around. Fun to watch. I didn't know if it will work over the long haul, but I think they'll stay up relatively easy. They'll at least go down swinging instead of parking the bus. I can respect that.

Liverpool's defense does need to get better, especially with it looking like Alisson will be out for a while. I think they will with a somewhat easy start to the season. Arsenal at Anfield in week 3 will help. Would be much tougher if that was away.

I only saw the first 19 minutes. If Norwich...
by Rocksteady74  (2019-08-10 11:00:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... could shoot better they could have been up 2-1 at that point despite being the second best team in the match. Liverpool's defense looked very bad.

Norwich's main mistake at that point was dithering and playing the ball negative too much while facing a high press. With Liverpool's high press they should have played the ball quicker forward and attacked more directly. Not a bad side, and I liked that Finnish forward.

Told my kid 10 min into the match
by wcnitz  (2019-08-09 21:53:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Norwich is going to score some goals this year and steal plenty of points. They're just going to leak bad.

Agree on Norwich
by JackDB  (2019-08-09 22:01:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They created a lot of chances, even early on they had a couple before the own goal. Keeping their core from the championship seems wise too - compare to Fulham last season.

They're also really young
by wcnitz  (2019-08-12 09:10:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think I saw a stat during United-Chelsea yesterday that showed they had the second youngest starting 11 over the weekend next to United.