You a red state or a blue state? *
by Porpoiseboy (2019-08-14 14:48:58)

This user did not provide content for this post

ET is dumb in this competition
by wcnitz  (2019-08-14 17:45:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

UEFA should do better, it should go right to PKs after FT.

Kepa could have won it for Chelsea, could have had 2 saves. Crazy.

It's all a bit anticlimactic...
by NDMike2001  (2019-08-15 12:28:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The premier league is such a grind - especially trying to keep up with City's ability to overspend on depth - that it's tough to appreciate the trophy. Especially when you have two EPL teams with hopes for top four/title.

I don't think ET is the problem. More an EPL thing. I don't think fans of, for example, Atletico would have a problem watching their team fight for a trophy for another 30 minutes.

Absolutely
by wcnitz  (2019-08-15 14:25:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's a bigger problem for Prem teams, because they have an additional cup competition and their season starts earlier.

Don't even get me started on that second cup competition. Screw history, it's anti-productive. Continuing the EFL cup is silly.

Agreed
by HTownND  (2019-08-15 14:56:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

On the EFL cup at this point.

Folks in England live in their own echo chamber...
by NDMike2001  (2019-08-16 11:56:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That domestic cup mentality is the same myopic view that makes them think that they can shut down their transfer window early and the rest of the world will follow suit. They are like the Big Ten of world soccer.

They are powerful now, but they'd better learn to adapt because the best players of the world will happily go to teams where every single game isn't the most important game of the year.

I’m not so sure that is the case
by HTownND  (2019-08-18 11:28:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have no problem with Hazard going from Chelsea to Madrid’s. It’s Real Madrid after all.

I think what the EPL has that the others don’t is top to bottom competition.

In the past 7 years, 4 different teams have won the PL.

If Liverpool break through that would make 5.

Since 2004, other than one year for Atleti, it’s been all Barca and Madrid.

Seize A has been all Juve and Inter with one year for Milan sprinkled in.

Germany, while dominated by Bayern lately has had some folks sneak in like Wolfsburg, etc.

They are all different leagues with different styles and competition. I don’t think the English think they are better, but they do appreciate the differences between the leagues and the top to bottom competitive nature of the EPL.

Top players will always play in all of those leagues. I like the change in the window. Don’t transfer players during the opening weeks of the season. If other adopt it, great. If not, I don’t think the EPL will miss out on top players because of it.

I thought Div's was too hot.
by NDBass  (2019-08-14 17:48:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was certain he saved TAA's.

Extra time was the last thing I wanted.
by NDBass  (2019-08-14 17:30:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'd have rather lost in 90.

Klopp disagrees with you. *
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-08-14 17:44:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hope it's different for them.
by NDBass  (2019-08-14 17:47:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I want my teams to win everything, but I'm willing to trade. Especially in what is somewhat of a glorified friendly. For the players and staff, I hope they're always 100% even if the lineups aren't 100%. I'll take the trophy, but I'm not going to rub it in HTown's face like this was the UCL final or something.

That being said, this feels scripted. Should've known Adrian would make a game winning penalty save (unfortunately not the one in ET).

F that
by miamioh_irishfan  (2019-08-14 18:41:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Let’s always rub it in HTowns face.

I just can't
by wcnitz  (2019-08-14 18:43:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's never been a dick to me. I can only reciprocate.

In fact, nobody's ever been a dick to me on this board. Clearly, I need to be more edgy.

You dickhead
by DakotaDomer  (2019-08-15 17:26:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You forgot those times I was an asshole to you

Fuck you buddy

Nice try
by wcnitz  (2019-08-15 20:21:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know you’re only projecting. Need a hug?

Well shit
by HTownND  (2019-08-15 12:02:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m losing my edge.

Help me Porp is e boy, you’re my only hope.

I'm saving it all.
by NDBass  (2019-08-15 20:48:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If Liverpool beats Chelsea for something major, I'm going to make sure this place is lit up like a Christmas tree with "PS" posts - at least for those of us that have you highlighted.

You get a highlight
by HTownND  (2019-08-16 10:48:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And you get a highlight

Never rub another man's HTown! *
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-08-14 18:52:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just meant he's a cheerleader.
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-08-14 17:49:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

His sprint onto the pitch cracked me up.

Chelsea look so much better with Kante...
by iudomer  (2019-08-14 16:01:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and #AmericanMessi's goal looked so close to onside.

And Pulisic. He’s good. *
by NDMike2001  (2019-08-14 18:23:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Liverpool win
by wcnitz  (2019-08-14 15:16:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

With a Pulisic goal. Or two.

You watching?
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-08-14 15:18:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Certainly seems like a PK was in order early.

Yes
by wcnitz  (2019-08-14 15:49:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I didn't start watching until 10' in. Meetings.

Pulisic has looked really good.

Christian's so likable.
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-08-14 15:52:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pretty good first half for each side. Chelsea might end up with two straight losses, and a fan base not terribly upset with how they've played.

Yep *
by HTownND  (2019-08-14 17:51:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You need a better #9
by wcnitz  (2019-08-14 17:53:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Zouma still...Zouma.

Their two losses might...
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-08-14 17:54:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

have been wins if Pedro's wood had been a couple inches smaller both matches.

Woah woah woah
by wcnitz  (2019-08-14 17:57:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't want to think about Pedro's wood.

Prude!!! *
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-08-14 17:58:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post