Liverpool and New Balance are going to court
by fontoknow (2019-09-24 09:06:17)

Liverpool is trying to sign a contract with Nike for new shirts starting next season. New Balance is claiming that Liverpool has given them an exclusive right to match.

I'm not surprised Nike wants Liverpool in their inventory. I'm a little surprised that Liverpool (FSG) is playing hard ball with another New England company and not abiding by the terms of their contract.

I am now 100% against Nike.
by NDBass  (2019-09-27 18:48:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They plan to use Drake in promotions.

Their national team kits are also crap *
by wcnitz  (2019-09-30 08:49:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I mean we are talking about the same Liverpool
by Allumeuse  (2019-09-27 08:26:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That just tried to trademark “Liverpool”, including references to the city itself and got told by the court to stuff it, so no, not surprised.

Since both ManU and ManCity have dumped Nike,
by G.K.Chesterton  (2019-09-24 17:29:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

perhaps Nike has extra money lying around.

It appears that new balance has matched the monetary value
by miamioh_irishfan  (2019-09-24 10:16:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That Nike offered, but the dispute will center on new balance’s distribution ability/reach.

It’ll be interesting to watch how this plays out.

Yep.
by NDBass  (2019-09-24 20:25:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I love what NB has done and I fear what Nike would do. That being said, NB has had issues with stocking jerseys and the like. I also think they have issues distributing to as many countries as Nike. It's not really an issue for me, so I'd prefer NB. I can see why Liverpool is doing it, though.

The NB ladies’ fit are not great
by Allumeuse  (2019-09-27 08:28:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It is obvious they don’t make them to the same quality as the men’s but this might be just common to a lot of brands. I worry more about Nike going all Oregon on this more.

I bought this years shirt (Firmino long-sleeve)
by miamioh_irishfan  (2019-09-24 20:49:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And I love it, but it took a while to get it compared to what I thought it would.

I think Nike would do much better with quicker shipping.