Fox made strides for Bundesliga, but not enough
by spade (2019-10-01 01:23:15)

In reply to: Bundesliga is moving to ESPN+ starting next August.  posted by G.K.Chesterton

About 4 years ago the only games they televised was only whoever Bayern was playing (and sometimes Dortmund) even if that was the Bayern vs Paderborn cupcake match. In recent years they start showing competitive matches and tried to showcase American talent in Germany. And I'll watch a game I don't have a dog in the fight, just to watch good soccer.

But they just never got it right. I especially hated their 2.5min highlights of the game where they showed kickoff and the 3 goals from 10 different angles and didn't bother showing amazing saves or any red card fouls. That's fine for 5 different angles when NBC makes 15minute highlight reels, but not when FOX compresses it into 2 minutes.

I hope ESPN can build the Bundesliga in USA into something bigger than FOX ever did with it. Although FOX usually had them on semi-basic cable channels, so I'm hoping ESPN at least places 1 Saturday morning game on ESPN Deportes as well without the extra buy-in subscription.

Replies: