Looks like the Fire will keep their name
by Irishlawyer (2019-10-08 12:45:20)

Open letter from Joe. I can't imagine that he would make a remark about the historical Chicago fire event and then change the name.

DEAR CHICAGO,

Today, Mayor Lightfoot and I are officially announcing that the Chicago Fire is returning to the heart of the city, at Soldier Field, for the 2020 Major League Soccer season.

On this anniversary of both the Great Chicago Fire and the founding of our team, it is my pledge to deliver a world class club worthy of our city and one that represents all of Chicago — our neighborhoods, our people, our communities.

The game we love has a unique ability to unite us all — and when Chicago is united, we can accomplish anything. It is my honor to invite a new generation to stand with us, as we make our stand for you.

I’m proud to represent Chicago as your club’s new owner. Together, we’ll build a club that all of Chicago can proudly call our own.

Joe Mansueto
Owner, Chicago Fire

I was just about to come here and ask
by DakotaDomer  (2019-10-08 14:40:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I saw the announcement on the Globe Pub FB page and I remembered that the board assumed the name would change.

Ticket prices staying the same too
by alleghenyirish  (2019-10-08 13:55:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Let's hope parking is cheap. perhaps that is too much to hope for

I'm much more concerned about beer and concession prices
by miamioh_irishfan  (2019-10-08 17:59:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

US Soccer charged Bears game prices at the USWNT victory tour game on Sunday. $13 for a goddamn beer, and $50 parking at a Fire game would make attending the game a non-starter for many.

I think Crystal Palace sold pints
by DakotaDomer  (2019-10-09 05:29:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For about 10% more than the pub across the street.

It was glorious

(I think this is due to regulations for the cost of a pint sold - the ND-Navy Dublin game was similarly reasonable)

That's a good development
by Irishlawyer  (2019-10-08 15:35:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think they are listening to the fans even if they don't want to openly admit it. I was sent a survey and it was asking all kinds of transportation questions, so I think they are also sensitive to the cost issue for parking.

Even better, about three days after the first indication of the team being sold, my ticket rep who I have never spoken to (I haven't purchased tickets in years) contacted me and has contacted me one more time since. He seemed to be aware of most of the fan concerns and I'm guessing he was also aware that I'm outspoken and critical of the team and management on the Fire social media.

I told him I appreciated the contact, that I planned to purchase some games for next season and that he should expect that the number of games and amount of support I intend to bring will be somewhat dependant on how they replace their lead players (Basti was not yet retired but I had assumed he would be gone) and whether or not and how fast Nelson and Pauno are fired. He didn't seem surprised at those conditions.

I'm looking forward to Joe's tenure.

It will be interesting to see
by HTownND  (2019-10-14 13:42:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What they do following the DP exodus going on right now.

I like the Medran signing, but we need some work this offseason. Especially considering we may be up against Miami and Beckham for some DPs