I'm not a huge fan...
by Porpoiseboy (2019-10-15 20:22:18)

of when we look like a complete dogshit outfit.

Hope Half 2 is a few thousand times better.

Regardless of USMNT's performance, Canada's #6...
by wcnitz  (2019-10-16 08:01:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is a fat piece of shit, and plays like an asshole.

Gregggg was disappointed.
by miamioh_irishfan  (2019-10-16 07:31:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So we have that.

I feel like Gregggg is becoming Lllloyd at Michigan
by spade  (2019-10-16 08:16:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For every God-awful-performance he gets another G. He may even develop the man-boobs too

Tyrone fucking Willingham would have put together
by KeoughCharles05  (2019-10-15 21:30:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A better result than berhalter got tonight.

That was fucking disgusting.

It’s a lot more fun
by mitquinn  (2019-10-16 01:26:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

To not watch them anymore. I’ve given up some time ago.

It’s hilarious to see posts still complaining about Bradley.... haha can’t believe that dude still gets a nod.

The worst part
by wcnitz  (2019-10-16 08:00:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Without Tyler Adams, the USMNT doesn't have a single option better than Bradley.

Can we now just end the GB experiment?
by Oggie  (2019-10-15 21:41:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He’s proven all the experts right — he was and is a bad hire.

He embodies the problem of US Soccer
by irishlawyer  (2019-10-15 22:34:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He will get a Cup Cycle. His bro will make sure of it.

It's that cocksure attitude that they are right and everyone else wrong that makes every USSF Board Member a total asshole. It's the professional level arrogance of coaches who think parents are jackasses. The board thinks that American soccer fans are total idiots and they are the smart people in the room.

It used to be argued that the USA had not style of play. I used to argue that the USA had no country-specific tactics but that we did have a style of play: We will out-f*cking hustle you to every ball for every f*cking minute of the game. Landon's Algeria goal was a good example. John Brooks vs. Ghana. We took it right to you.

Gregg is on record as saying he wants the USA players to "play calm".

F*ck him.

Yep...
by iudomer  (2019-10-15 23:07:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

@GrantWahl: The man who will make the decision on Gregg Berhalter’s future as USMNT coach (Earnie Stewart) is very likely to soon report to ... Jay Berhalter, Gregg’s brother. US Soccer, everybody.

worse
by Irishlawyer  (2019-10-16 10:06:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Earnie is no longer the general manager and one more thing, the general manager has no ability to fire the coach based upon the puppet-like rights given to the GM by USSF.

Ramos was a better option
by wcnitz  (2019-10-16 10:19:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And these kids played better under Sarachan against superior sides. Sad statement.

And fuck Taylor Twellman for not calling out Berhalter directly last night. He has no problem shitting on the players, but wouldn’t name and take on Gregg directly. Fuck that. Why was Sargent so deep on set pieces defensively? Why was Pulisic on a goddam island every time they tried to counter? Why was Zardes out there when it was clear the US had to play THROUGH Canada’s defense? He literally just ran around the entire time he was out there. What did he get, 2-3 touches?

I’m willing to give every one of the young guys a pass. You have a system? Great. Have a system. You still need to tweak it to the personnel you have available. We were perfectly set up, personnel-wise, to counter attack and rely on set pieces last night. Why weren’t we compact, especially with Davies and David on the field? Who would have complained about that approach, particularly since it was obvious this game was WAY more important to Canada?

Here he lays it all at the feet of the selection committee (link)
by spade  (2019-10-20 19:22:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I felt like announcers laid this all at Berhalter's feet
by spade  (2019-10-16 23:29:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I remember when they introduced the sideline reporter who interviewed Berhalter after the loss, I felt there was a lot of contempt in the voice of I think Ian Darke, who said "And now here is the coach on the field". But it sounded more like the announcer was just saying "Here's this dude who claims to be 'coaching' this squad".

I don't agree and though Twellman was also pointing the finger at Berhalter as well. He seemed to criticize taking off Pulisic quite roundly.

Twellman complained a lot, yes
by wcnitz  (2019-10-17 12:32:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But outside of the players, Twellman won't call him out by name and criticize him. It's a long-standing issue with both the ESPN and FOX crews that cover USMNT. Even that blowhard asshat Lalas does the same thing. They love throwing out criticisms of the 'program' but never seem to go after the hierarchy directly. They don't want to bite the hand that feeds them.

I spent an hour listening to XM FC yesterday and Tony spent the whole time shitting on Berhalter and everyone above him. Naming names.

I see what you mean, they never say Ernie or other Berhalter
by spade  (2019-10-17 22:21:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Although I imagine Ernie Stewart and other Berhalter would have enough push to tell ESPN to get a different announcer for the USMNT games. Yes, that's corrupt shit, but "Hey! It's the USSF"

I didn't like
by Irishlawyer  (2019-10-16 13:28:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ramos, but its kind of like when ND dangles Tom Clements at you. You could have Ramos or we will give you Berhalter: GIVE ME RAMOS!

How about when Zardes comes on for Roldon and now you should be able to have two up top (Sargent and Zardes) so you have a bit more attacking power and instead Zardes just plays Roldon's role. Gregg is so STUPID. He's just going to plug and chug the system rather than making a tactical change.

Gregg is not up to the task. I'm busy on social media trying to inflame American Outlaws. I want to see the pressure on USSF ratchet up to a high level.

In essence, ND just lost to Navy. This game was not okay. It counted. Gregg and USSF fiddled away 14 months that could have been used installing the system and figuring out players so that the coach wasn't getting his first look at DeAndre Yedlin in a nations cup game that counted.

I miss Sarachan.

We're being depantsed in midfield
by wcnitz  (2019-10-16 14:00:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bright idea: Zardes.

On a scale of 1-10, here's one rating of the team tonight.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2019-10-15 21:46:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Some issues
by wcnitz  (2019-10-15 20:28:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As Twellman pointed out, Sargent is too deep when Canada is high.

Bradley has been mostly shit going forward. He and Roldan are consistently coughing up the ball. Yedlin hasn’t made a single good delivery and I’m pining for Reggie Cannon. McKennie looks like he’s ready to shank someone and Pulisic is all by his goddamn self. It’s frustrating.

Also, #6 for Canada is fat. Like truly fat. He’s like a French middle aged Maradona out there.

Gregg really wanted to give Zach a test drive. *
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-10-15 21:05:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Cluster's Last Stand *
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-10-15 20:56:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Patheitc display
by wcnitz  (2019-10-15 21:25:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When you lose out on most second balls, allow bounces to get behind you, keep being caught on the ball on midfield...you're shit.

Everyone was garbage tonight. Everyone.

Whatever the fuck Berhalter is trying to do, it isn't working.

Grades
by Donger  (2019-10-15 21:38:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Steffen B-, Morris C, Long C, everyone not named here F, Ream F-, Bradley F-, Roldon F-, Coach F -. The 76th ranked team had the two best players the field. Worst of all was the apparent lack of leadership.

What was I missing with Ream?
by Mr Wednesday  (2019-10-15 23:59:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I thought he was largely fine. So was Lovitz.

Both Canadian forwards targeted him
by Irishlawyer  (2019-10-16 10:28:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

they sprinted on to him with the ball one on one and he could never keep up.

Long covered for him several times *
by wcnitz  (2019-10-16 10:33:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not necessarily ideal, but they survived it.
by Mr Wednesday  (2019-10-16 18:19:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I thought they really needed his contributions to possession and distribution.

Ream gets below F- somehow
by wcnitz  (2019-10-15 23:30:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Morris showed up on the offensive half, but tracked back for shit.

agree with all of that *
by irishlawyer  (2019-10-15 22:29:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I only saw part of the second half but saw little life.. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2019-10-15 21:43:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Congrats to the Lawyer. He saw it coming.
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-10-15 21:36:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jesus Christ