Let’s see how they get through early January
by miamioh_irishfan (2019-11-10 21:58:04)

In reply to: This board confuses me  posted by DakotaDomer

Before we declare the title over.

It’s close though.

The holiday stretch will likely determine it.
by NDBass  (2019-11-11 15:07:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If they can maintain this lead through that stretch, I'll feel good. That being said, I won't consider it done until Hendo is raising the trophy. And that's even if they clinch before the final match.

My biggest fear at the moment is injuries. All of these matches in short order plus traveling to Qatar may be the undoing.

Exactly.
by NDMike2001  (2019-11-11 15:56:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The title isn't just about the team that is the best team throughout the season. It also includes being able to play 12 games in 40 days during the winter/Holiday season. Klopp will rotate the midfield for sure. But the team is markedly different without VVD, Firmino, Salah and Mane. As to the front three, Klopp isn't bringing on De Jesus or Sane. He has Origi and Shaqiri (if he ever gets healthy).

If Liverpool still leads by 6 by the New Year, then I'll start believing.

At Leicester on Boxing Day.
by NDBass  (2019-11-11 16:06:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Didn't think much of it before the season, but that is now turning out to be dreadful scheduling for Liverpool. It would really help if they can beat Napoli and secure the group. That would enable them to rotate against Salzburg in the midst of the December nonsense.