Chicago related thread: Pauno Out
by Irishlawyer (2019-11-13 14:02:56)

Thank god.

Basically, the Fire minus Dax and Niko are a total rebuild. I think they only have 14 or 15 players signed for next year.

Now we need Nelson out.

Make that 13
by alleghenyirish  (2019-11-14 14:31:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Lillard traded to Miami for cash.

Apparently we have a new DoF who has already started despite not officially being announced, so a Shadow Director of Football/Soccer if you will. Also rumor is the re-brand drops tomorrow

Rebrand ought to be a doozy *
by miamioh_irishfan  (2019-11-14 14:52:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If it is that thing that looks like a Cubs logo
by Irishlawyer  (2019-11-14 16:36:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that has been floating around, they might fully lose me.

I did hear that they will go to a more "traditional" (shield-style) badge.

The badge and the name are perfect as is.
by miamioh_irishfan  (2019-11-14 16:53:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I really hope the rebrand is just a rumor.

Supposedly MLS
by Irishlawyer  (2019-11-14 17:20:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

doesn't like teams not having a badge that fits the MLS "template". They made Columbus Crew change theirs. I'm guessing that the Fire cross will be gone. Hopefully the Fire name will not. Chicago City FC is just lame and if they go to something generic like that, I don't foresee how that could be "better".

It’s coming out next Thursday
by miamioh_irishfan  (2019-11-14 17:39:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I checked with a guy who would know.

He said “it’s a brand refresh, not a full rebrand”

Take that for what it’s worth. I’m guessing color scheme and badge are getting a makeover.