I think you are right
by Irishlawyer (2019-11-21 11:29:36)

In reply to: For anyone who watched Cuba-USA the other night  posted by wcnitz

They went out and "did a job" in rough conditions. I also agree that Honduras will be a better measuring stick of this team. Pressure should not come off just because we advanced.

Sadly, we did see the Gregggg 4-4-2 shape on defense. First, the tactic for two at the top to "shield" passing lanes is perhaps the stupidest tactical concept I have ever seen in all of soccer. Ummm... let your guys up top get in between a line usually consisting of 4 (the backfield) and 3 or 4 or 5 (the midfield) when the 2 players up top don't have eyes in the back of their head. Second, it is an indicator that Gregggg-ball is not dead. He's sure to trot it back out at the January camp (which is usually an MLS player camp).

We also got a healthy dose of Lovitz and Roldan. Get used to it. I don't know what those guys have on him, but they have something.

That pitch was total trash, but I'm guessing that many of the USSF powers that be enjoyed a lovely week in the Caymen Islands, so there's that.

Jackson Yueill is the answer to the question "who would you rather have in place of Bradley who can play the 6?". I'm starting to feel like Tyler Adams will never be back. Even if that is the case, Bradley should not make this squad anymore. I'd rather call Yueill and Trapp than Bradley and Yueill.

I'm really loving McKennie.

Looking forward to the Olympic qualifying. That's where we as US Soccer fans will have some fun.