Saw a few early minutes of RBS vs. LIV in the lunchroom.
by G.K.Chesterton (2019-12-10 13:17:21)

and now they are stealing one of their best...
by NDMike2001  (2019-12-13 09:08:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Minamino for 7.25M is highway robbery. Liverpool finally have a true backup winger for Mane and Salah. Likely a hard worker without a huge ego. Liverpool's transfer record in the Klopp era has been nothing less than spectacular...especially in the last two years.

Academy signings are always crap shoot. But there really haven't been any real misses. I'm not counting the Caulker emergency loan. One could argue Klavan was questionable, but as an experienced 3/4 choice CB to bridge the gap to Gomez, he fit the bill perfectly.

That leaves Dominic Solanke. And hell, they made over 10M on the guy.

And just as I'm about to post I remember Karius. Definitely the biggest miss. But quite frankly, the guy just cracked and never recovered. I wonder what his career could have been had he been able to play with the new and improved Liverpool defense.

The other RB game was even better! Lyon with comeback
by spade  (2019-12-10 18:33:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Down 2-0 and down to 10 men after 30 or so minutes from 2 penalty decisions, but they really stormed back to gain a crucial point and go through on 8 points. They really had strong, strong chances throughout the last 60 minutes to get that draw.

The other 2 clubs in the group were left sitting at 7 points which is tough luck for Zenit and Benfica in one of the more competitive groups in the Group Stage.

Credit to Lyon for never stopping. Certainly helped that Leipzig knew they were topping the group no matter what, but damn, that was a quite a match!

It's been highly entertaining.
by NDBass  (2019-12-10 13:51:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The opposite of what I need. Salah missed a sitter. I have a bad feeling about the 2nd half.

EDIT: Salah has essentially asked up a hat trick now.

EDIT 2: Then he scores from about 85 degrees with his weaker foot. Superb.

Salah could’ve had 5 today
by miamioh_irishfan  (2019-12-10 16:55:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Missed 4 gimme chances.

I loved Keita in midfield today. He and Fabinho are going to be the perfect duo there.

DAT ASK! *
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-12-10 14:32:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I didn't understand your reply until I got home.
by NDBass  (2019-12-10 18:35:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Then I read my post and realized I didn't proofread it. I hate when people blame autocorrect and yet I fell victim to its ways. That's what I get for posting from a bar.

I do this to my buddies all the time.
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-12-10 19:07:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Autocorrupt sodomizes them daily, I jump on it like the cunty lil cat I am.