That's one hell of a diving header!
by NDBass (2019-12-30 16:55:25)

In reply to: The "only feet" review doesn't make any sense.  posted by NDMike2001

I want to see that happen. The skill involved must be off the charts for both the goal scorer and the assist maker. To be able to dive such that half of your torso is offside when the ball is struck and remain in the air long enough to head the ball in would be an insane feat of athleticism. And to be able to deliver a ball to another player's head who is already diving when you're kicking the ball? Tremendous!

Joking aside, I didn't think it all the way through. That was just my immediate reaction to seeing too many armpits, toenails, and scrotums having lines drawn on them.

Arlo White's tweet (linked in this thread) is probably the closest to what I'm thinking. Have a broad line from the second to last defender. If any part of an offensive player that can score a goal is past the line, then it is offside. Not sure what would be a good length of that line to take into account the spirit of the law/human error/clear and obvious - 6"? 8"?

Replies: