The Bavarians couldn't have asked for a better result. *
by Porpoiseboy (2020-02-25 16:43:11)

This user did not provide content for this post

Alphonso Davies
by alleghenyirish  (2020-02-26 13:30:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Cannot believe he was playing in MLS not two years ago, what a talent.

Typical...
by iudomer  (2020-02-26 11:01:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Lewandowski knee injury, out four weeks right when it counts. FFS.

Ouch
by wcnitz  (2020-02-26 11:02:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I suppose the CL impact isn't as bad. He NEVER gets injured. This is nuts.

Now it's ZIRKZEE TIME, BITCHES.

I'd rather...
by iudomer  (2020-02-26 11:11:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kimmich striker.

That's the thing
by wcnitz  (2020-02-26 11:13:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's always striking.

Seriously, though, if you look at the schedule this isn't as bad as it could be. Schalke the toughest BL (edit: Pokal, not even BL) opponent and just the return leg with Chelsea. Start Gnabry at 9 and let Zirkzee spell him. Maybe it means more work for Phil at LW or the youngster at RW, but not the end of the world.

The worst part about this is the impact on possible Ballon D'or and golden boot. He was having a ridiculous season, his best ever.

BVB on 4/4...
by iudomer  (2020-02-26 11:20:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

get him back by then.

Wow
by wcnitz  (2020-02-26 22:11:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He broke a bone on his leg 36 minutes in and still got 2 assists and a goal...he’s something else.

Rewatched 2nd half tonight...
by iudomer  (2020-02-26 22:38:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

His runs were precise, passes perfect. Played full 90. Dude is Superman.

That happened quick
by HTownND  (2020-02-25 17:09:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Chelsea were lucky to escape the first half 0-0. Went to pick up my kids, and voila, 3-0. Haven't seen the Alonso red, but I'm sure he deserved it.

Tried to throw a lazy haymaker
by wcnitz  (2020-02-25 17:13:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It did not work out for him.

Sounds right
by HTownND  (2020-02-25 17:20:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Still glad he scored against Spuds though.

I will say this, waiting around for the whole team to be on the pitch has been brutal this year.

Apparently RLC is close (and may play in the next leg, but Chelsea are rightly trying to pour cold water on that idea, and I suspect down 3, there is no reason to start him in that match, but he may see some time). Kante is supposed to be back (and will replace Jorginho).

But my kingdom for Pulisic, RLC, CHO and Kante to finally come back and form the squad that we all want to see (including Fat Frank).

At least Hazard's news isn't another dagger for you guys.
by Porpoiseboy  (2020-02-25 17:27:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

All things being equal, you guys need to finish out the league season strong and get a CL spot, and you should consider this season a relative success. It's been a decent weathering of the storm, you got half a year back, you've had good luck with the youngsters, you've got good direction and a coach who's getting the ship righted - manager who's dedicated to the club. Not everyone in the league has that same good momentum.

Yeah
by HTownND  (2020-02-26 09:10:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I feel awful for him. Shit luck.

May still screw Chelsea a little because he may not hit the clauses that raised the sale price.

Yeah, like I said below
by wcnitz  (2020-02-25 17:24:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wasn’t much Lampard could throw at this to make it better. His leaders on the pitch didn’t help, either.

About what I expected
by wcnitz  (2020-02-25 16:59:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Chelsea just didn’t have enough teeth. Kinda felt bad for Lampard, his hands were tied.

Really stupid moves from Jorginho and Alonso though. Frank has to be fuming about that.

PS Alphonso Davies is a nightmare for defenses. A monster.

That Canuck's setup was perfect.
by Porpoiseboy  (2020-02-25 17:38:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What a great play. Pretty good game for him in general.