So...is Liverpool’s run at the points total over?
by DakotaDomer (2020-03-12 19:54:45)

Arsenal’s Mikel Arteta just tested positive

Can you at least understand...
by Porpoiseboy  (2020-03-12 20:47:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

now why some of us chose not to celebrate until LFC had hardware in hand?

Apparently they may void the season
by uconndomer  (2020-03-12 20:52:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Talk about a curse

Why wouldn't they just call the season as-is? Why void it?
by spade  (2020-03-14 09:49:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

To me, there are 2 big picture issues about this season that are worrisome if they null the season. Who gets the title (a foregone conclusion since Christmas) and who gets relegated.

I'm surprised they don't just call the season as-is, award Liverpool the trophy and also cancel relegation and promotion this year, which would ALSO seem to follow under a null season. The Top 4 issues are kinda side issues, because there isn't a good way to determine UCL spots if they void the season anyway.

Perhaps this would be unfair to the other leagues which may have a closer champion, but I don't see why the season should be thrown out. Even a promotion/relegation home-and-home could be fashioned in June-August. Top #1 of Championship plays #20 of EPL and so-on. They could still play the #3-6 tournament in Championship to then play home-and-home versus #18 of EPL.

A dumb and moronic decision
by wcnitz  (2020-03-13 13:44:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If they pick a date to resume, then give the teams at least 7-10 days of fitness prep.

We already know the Euros aren't gonna happen and most leagues will push into June to finish the season. Voiding results would be a stain on the history of the PL, IMO.

Even if you can't finish it, you need to finish it.

Teams in relegation zone are insanely happy *
by SixShutouts66  (2020-03-14 12:58:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What about teams in promotion zone?
by DakotaDomer  (2020-03-14 14:41:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The only winners from voiding a season are the losers. Why disproportionately assist them? This is a sport after all

That would be
by HTownND  (2020-03-13 13:08:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Fucking terrible (and while I use that term liberally in my other posting, I mean it here).

The prudent thing to do is suspend the season to May
by miamioh_irishfan  (2020-03-12 21:20:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and push the Euros to next summer.

Truncate next season if need be; fuck any FIFA commitments.