I hope that this John Oliver clip from tonight is released
by Allumeuse (2020-03-15 23:42:54)

On its own. So I can watch it over and over again to get it out of my system that LFC is missing out on the title.

At least you can't blame Gerrard this time. *
by Wooderson  (2020-03-18 15:17:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Only fools blame Gerrard. *
by NDBass  (2020-03-18 18:07:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

True true, this time it’s God’s fault
by Allumeuse  (2020-03-18 15:35:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He clearly hates us.

I think it will happen and that Euro 2020 will be sacrificed
by KnightlyRevue  (2020-03-16 11:29:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Italian Federation has already petitioned UEFA to move Euro to 2021 to finish the Serie A season. I think the other 4 major leagues will come to the same conclusion. The season is just too far along to not finish it. Also, the Olympics are going to make for a special headache in terms of scheduling as some players just won't have enough time to finish a season, play Euro/Copa, play the Olympics and start another season.

If I had to bet I would put money on Copa/Euro getting moved to 2021. 2019/2020 season finished in June/July with limited players going to Olympics. Start of next season will be end of September instead of beginning of September. Then again, its FIFA so anything is possible if the bribes are big enough.

Update...
by iudomer  (2020-03-16 19:22:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

UEFA gone loco

@TheAthleticUK: Exclusive: UEFA to demand £275m from clubs and leagues to postpone Euro 2020 by a year | @David_Ornstein

https://theathletic.com/1679668/?source=twitteruk

Yeah
by HTownND  (2020-03-17 11:55:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think they overestimate their leverage here.

Yeah, its over...Euro 2020 officially moving to 2021
by KnightlyRevue  (2020-03-17 14:30:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am super disappointed as I had tickets to see Spain in Bilbao. Oh well, hopefully in 2021.

Have you seen anything on revised match dates?
by fortune_smith  (2020-03-18 17:46:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don’t see that updated on the UEFA website.

I’m inclined to believe they will simply push every match back by 364 days (same day of week). As I also have tickets to some matches, I’d rather know firm dates before reshuffling flights and hotel reservations.

Thanks for any insights you have!

Everything I am reading though have
by KnightlyRevue  (2020-03-19 09:47:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

not been able to confirm with my tickets is that Euro 2021 group play will begin one day earlier on Friday June 11 and the final will be played at Wembley on July 11, 2021.

We received an email saying our tickets would be 100% transferable to 2021 and that UEFA is not going to replay the lottery.

There is so much unknown that I would not book a thing yet and this is coming from someone who had the sweetest little townhome booked in Santander for the 2020 tournament. Final Qualifying is supposed to happen in June but again...who knows.

The virus has not settled in Europe, particularly in Italy. In Spain, the virus is not stable and 15 members of the Alaves club now have the virus. Some clubs are refusing to test out of fear which is silly. Former Real Madrid president Lorenzo Sanz is in critical condition and kidney failure has begun. My point is that there is so little we know about the virus still, and while I love La Roja dearly and desire to see them play, Europe has much bigger fish to fry at the moment.

Not sure if you saw it
by HTownND  (2020-03-23 17:15:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Lorenzo Sanz has passed. He went from telling everyone he'd be fine to passing on very very quickly.

Yes, very sad. Sanz made some mistakes
by KnightlyRevue  (2020-03-23 18:20:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But he was a good president and got us back on the Champions podium with number 7+8. He promoted Raul my favorite Spanish/Madrid player of all time. Getting that 7th European title after 35 years of elimination was particularly sweet.

Thanks very much for the perspective
by fortune_smith  (2020-03-21 10:09:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I will keep my eyes peeled and will try to post to this chain if I do see confirmed dates anytime soon.

I do agree that Europe, including the UK, where I live, has much bigger fish to fry for the foreseeable future.

Regarding the tournament, an additional re-booking complication is that — even in normal times — airlines and hotels often don’t book 15-16 months into the future.

Thus the Club World Cup dies
by wcnitz  (2020-03-17 16:04:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A nice little side benefit for UEFA...don't believe for a second they didn't consider it.

Women's Euros next summer...
by iudomer  (2020-03-17 16:32:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

they should move that to 2022 to occupy the summer missing the Fall WC in Qatar.

UEFA talking about Semis/Finals in Istanbul...
by iudomer  (2020-03-16 13:44:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

over two consecutive weekends for CL.

EUROs definitely moving.

The video (link)
by wcnitz  (2020-03-16 08:34:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thank you for this *
by Allumeuse  (2020-03-16 20:55:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post