Have you seen anything on revised match dates?
by fortune_smith (2020-03-18 17:46:29)

In reply to: Yeah, its over...Euro 2020 officially moving to 2021  posted by KnightlyRevue

I don’t see that updated on the UEFA website.

I’m inclined to believe they will simply push every match back by 364 days (same day of week). As I also have tickets to some matches, I’d rather know firm dates before reshuffling flights and hotel reservations.

Thanks for any insights you have!

Everything I am reading though have
by KnightlyRevue  (2020-03-19 09:47:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

not been able to confirm with my tickets is that Euro 2021 group play will begin one day earlier on Friday June 11 and the final will be played at Wembley on July 11, 2021.

We received an email saying our tickets would be 100% transferable to 2021 and that UEFA is not going to replay the lottery.

There is so much unknown that I would not book a thing yet and this is coming from someone who had the sweetest little townhome booked in Santander for the 2020 tournament. Final Qualifying is supposed to happen in June but again...who knows.

The virus has not settled in Europe, particularly in Italy. In Spain, the virus is not stable and 15 members of the Alaves club now have the virus. Some clubs are refusing to test out of fear which is silly. Former Real Madrid president Lorenzo Sanz is in critical condition and kidney failure has begun. My point is that there is so little we know about the virus still, and while I love La Roja dearly and desire to see them play, Europe has much bigger fish to fry at the moment.

Not sure if you saw it
by HTownND  (2020-03-23 17:15:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Lorenzo Sanz has passed. He went from telling everyone he'd be fine to passing on very very quickly.

Yes, very sad. Sanz made some mistakes
by KnightlyRevue  (2020-03-23 18:20:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But he was a good president and got us back on the Champions podium with number 7+8. He promoted Raul my favorite Spanish/Madrid player of all time. Getting that 7th European title after 35 years of elimination was particularly sweet.

Thanks very much for the perspective
by fortune_smith  (2020-03-21 10:09:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I will keep my eyes peeled and will try to post to this chain if I do see confirmed dates anytime soon.

I do agree that Europe, including the UK, where I live, has much bigger fish to fry for the foreseeable future.

Regarding the tournament, an additional re-booking complication is that — even in normal times — airlines and hotels often don’t book 15-16 months into the future.