Dortmund/Schalke kick off first next weekend...
by iudomer (2020-05-07 11:21:16)

Where can us sports starved maniacs watch? *
by DakotaDomer  (2020-05-14 07:28:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This match will be on FS1...
by iudomer  (2020-05-14 08:37:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

void of any pre/post game commentary from Fox Sports as they let go all the BuLi related analysts. Really mailing it in before ESPN+ takes over next season.

No more Stu?
by wcnitz  (2020-05-14 09:05:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm sad.

I'm sure Stu is sticking around for MLS...
by iudomer  (2020-05-14 09:12:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

they let go of Ian Joy and Derrick Rae, guess they have a thing against Scots.

MLS guys like Lalas, Stu and others sticking around. It also means Kate Abdo is a free agent.

Fluent in 4 of the Big 5 languages, Abdo is an asset *
by spade  (2020-05-14 11:42:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If Kate is on the market
by wcnitz  (2020-05-14 09:29:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm buyin'.

Also, I wouldn't mind if Lalas found himself out of a job. He's the Bill Walton of soccer.

That's a travesty of an insult to Bill Walton. *
by ChicagoWave03  (2020-05-14 10:13:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

seconded - he's the Rush Limbaugh of soccer
by Irishlawyer  (2020-05-15 10:55:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and even that might be unkind to Rush.

Bold move by them...
by TWO  (2020-05-13 13:54:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I wonder what they will do if and when the 1st player tests positive?

here is your answer
by Irishlawyer  (2020-05-13 17:25:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"it won't be a disaster"

Werder Bremen!
by spade  (2020-05-13 08:44:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Claudio Pizzaro is injured for Bremen, and I wonder if any other players will suffer minor injuries in the ramp up for playing again? Hopefully not

god I miss it
by Irishlawyer  (2020-05-11 02:23:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

pro, youth, the whole thing. I'd watch Greggg run a practice right now, I'm so starved for it.

Same, I am counting down to it now
by Allumeuse  (2020-05-12 16:22:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am not even a fan of the Bundesliga, I just need soccer (and frankly any sport) back in my life.

Fingers crossed that the recent uptick in cases in Germany doesn't lead to a last minute push back of the restart date.

Also, I am weirdly delighted by Schalke's attempt to pitch every PL fan on them ahead of the match, though some of the efforts are pretty contradictory and have yielded some hilarious results. ESPN did a quick recap of it, but you can check the whole thing out on Twitter.

There wasn't really a widespread uptick.
by ewillND  (2020-05-16 09:55:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There was an outbreak at a meatpacking plant, and our numbers are low enough right now that it was enough to cause a blip. We are down to about 15,000 active cases, which is 23rd in the world.

Also, because of how we report, you need to compare numbers on the same week day (ie. compare Wednesday to Wednesday). We are still moving the right direction for now. Fingers crossed...

Can't wait to bust out my SC Freiburg scarf. *
by Wooderson  (2020-05-08 05:37:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post