The whole empty stadium thing is real, real unnerving *
by Allumeuse (2020-05-16 10:34:45)

This user did not provide content for this post

Nice to see FC Bayern again... *
by ewillND  (2020-05-17 12:15:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Lewandowski scored.. Some things never change. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2020-05-17 22:08:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

40 across all competitions, nobody else has over 30
by wcnitz  (2020-05-18 09:15:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In the main leagues in Europe. He's had an incredible year.

And he will still finish no better than 3rd in the Ballon D'Or.

I think this is Lewie's year
by KnightlyRevue  (2020-05-18 13:59:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I really do. I do not think Barca will survive Champions and I think they could still lose La Liga as I am interested to see how Madrid plays with Hazard and Asensio, who I think will solve the Bale problem on the right side.

Champions is going to have a big say in who gets the Balon D'Or as there will be no continental title to strengthen anyone's case. I like Bayern's chances and if they advance I think it will be that Lewie has 50+ goals. That alone will be tough to ignore. Plus, he is very well liked outside of Germany which helps.

On another note, this Haaland kid just keeps on chugging. Its more than the goals at this point. He not only had a veteran touch on his first goal this weekend but his second assist was a deft little touch in the area that is very hard to do. The ceiling on this kid is obviously very high. I would love to see him at Dortmund one more year.

Timing will be key...
by iudomer  (2020-05-18 16:12:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

BuLi will finish up end of June, then Pokal on 4th of July. CL matches won't even start until mid-August, by then PL/La Liga/Serie A will be close to ending by then. Bayern would be off for another month.

Practice games with PSG who will not have played since March?

Madrid gets City 8/7 but your point
by KnightlyRevue  (2020-05-18 16:52:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

still has merit. I am super curious to see how PSG handles champions? At least the BuLi, La Liga and EPL teams will have had some framework of games to judge themselves against but that will have to be balanced with the level of injuries that occur.

I just can't see how PSG will be competitive after a 5 month layoff. Sure, they will play friendlies but that is nowhere near the insane pace of Champions. Having said that, if tons of guys get injured playing 3 games a week (even with 5 subs) it may not matter. Such a crazy time. Before Covid, my picks for Champions were either Bayern or PSG. Now, it's anyone's guess.

Curious
by HTownND  (2020-05-19 13:50:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Because I haven't looked, but I assume the ban for City isn't in play for this extended CL, which is technically going into next season's dates.

Was the City ban date bound or season bound? I don't know.

Doesn't apply to 19/20 season
by wcnitz  (2020-05-19 13:51:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just means they are not allowed to qualify based on 19/20 table finish. So, it's bound to the 20/21 season. I'm pretty sure they apply 'season' labels when they do these. But...who knows. Maybe it's a loophole.

Yeah
by HTownND  (2020-05-20 11:58:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I only asked because it appears there was a loophole with the Astros punishment, because the language wasn't clear enough.

If there is no baseball this year (although there may still be), it doesn't matter, Hinch and the GM are good to go in the Spring of 2021 if they want to work for an organization.

Now we know the source of the corona virus.
by NDBass  (2020-05-20 16:40:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Can those guys confirm they haven't been to Wuhan recently?

About what I expected
by wcnitz  (2020-05-16 20:08:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

After having watched a few empty stadium matches thanks to UEFA punishments, it wasn't that weird.

I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of play today, though. But the BL may effectively be over in 2 weeks, since Leipzig dropped points and Bayern has Dortmund after Frankfurt (who is just awful).

Still not as unnerving
by DillonFightSong  (2020-05-16 18:00:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As a crowd of Germans chanting and waving banners.

I feel like there’s empty stadiums frequently in soccer
by DakotaDomer  (2020-05-16 10:36:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Of course there wouldn’t be for this game but I’ve seen plenty of soccer played in front of no one and it’s not really bothering me