Imagine that; UEFA overreached.
by tex29 (2020-07-13 09:07:44)
Edited on 2020-07-13 09:18:14

It brought charges that either could not be substantiated or were time barred. The lack-of-cooperation charge stuck, but the fine was cut in third. I wouldn’t blame City if it sent UEFA double the fine, with a Sean-Connery-in-Celebrity-Jeopardy inspired middle finger drawn in the memo section.

Good. United have something to play for, and Leicester
by 3rdSt  (2020-07-13 10:50:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

better watch their backs. Bad time for them to fall apart.

The way Leicester blew the Bournemouth game was remarkable.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2020-07-14 14:48:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

FFP is dead to wealthy teams...
by iudomer  (2020-07-13 10:45:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

watch out Viktoria Plzeň, UEFA will still control you.

It was never meant to control the wealthy clubs.
by tex29  (2020-07-13 11:05:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was meant to control two wealthy clubs, PSG and City, and it was meant to prevent any other club from ever challenging the aristocracy of the European elite.

It has failed to completely neuter City largely because City got its investment in before UEFA raised the drawbridge. But it isn’t for lack of trying. PSG, on the other hand, has largely skated, due to half-assed enforcement attempts by EUFA. I’m sure it’s just a coincidence that PSG’s President sits on EUFA’s executive committee.

Anyway, EUFA can eat a bag of shit.

I could not agree more *
by dwjm3  (2020-07-14 21:58:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Happy Exoneration Day!
by CuzTeahan  (2020-07-13 10:40:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The CAS release headline leads with, "MANCHESTER CITY FC DID NOT DISGUISE EQUITY FUNDING AS SPONSORSHIP CONTRIBUTIONS BUT DID FAIL TO COOPERATE WITH THE UEFA AUTHORITIES."

With all substantive charges overturned, it wasn't a surprise to see the media reports focus on UEFA failing to observe its own statutes of limitations in a matter where they also had no substantive basis for their charges and were scolded in the first case for leaks through the ajudicatory process.

Fuck 'em.

I’m just glad City won’t lose the CL revenue, because that
by tex29  (2020-07-13 11:25:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

revenue is critical to keeping City out of the FFP doghouse going forward. That, and I’m absolutely loving seeing Javier Tebas cry salty tears. I hope the good folks at Bayern are also shedding a few—given both their handling of the Sané saga and the likelihood they were responsible for pushing this latest “investigation” behind the scenes.

No doubt.
by CuzTeahan  (2020-07-13 16:28:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That would have been very difficult to come back from under FFP without a complete restart that would have required selling DeBruyne and Sterling.

As it stands, it will be a very interesting transfer window this summer to see if they fill in with more senior players or continue to target younger players they can finish development with.