I am no LFC fan
by ChicagoWave03 (2020-07-13 09:52:49)

In reply to: All time great?  posted by CuzTeahan

But I would much rather have Klopp than Zidane or Mourinho (at this point).

Yes, Mourinho's time seems past.
by CuzTeahan  (2020-07-13 10:28:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The wheels seem to have fallen off with Tottenham in his first year.

Zidane is interesting and I wonder if/when we seem him coach other than Real Madrid, but three consecutive Champions League trophies puts him in the coaching pantheon.

Klopp's system seems highly specialized with the right players for a good multi-year run, but I think they have been fortunate to stay healthy with key players this year and need to build depth. Next year the Premier League is going to be more competitive than it has been in a long time, with Chelsea and Man United looking ready to present significant challenges to Liverpool and Man City heading into the transfer window (and with Chelsea already having added Werner and Ziyech).

I'm not saying Klopp isn't very, very good, but I don't yet see him as an all time great. A few more trophies in the next couple of years combined with his work at Dortmund would certainly improve that argument.

I also read the claim as inclusive of his BVB accompishments
by miamioh_irishfan  (2020-07-13 13:53:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Does that not count on Klopp's resume?