Interesting times in the English Championship.
by SavageDragon (2020-07-13 15:57:17)

With only 3 match days to go, not a single team in the league is guaranteed as to what league they'll be playing in next year:

* There are 4 teams that could still finish in the top 2 and guarantee promotion, with none of them guaranteed to do so.

* Every team down to Sheffield Wednesday in 14th has a chance to finish in the top 6, qualifying for the promotion playoff.

* Beyond that, every team from 15-24 still has a chance to be relegated, but all also have a chance to finish above the drop zone.

Any chance they will be televised?
by mitquinn  (2020-07-13 19:23:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Usually they only do the final weekend.

Live Soccer TV has everything you need to know. (link)
by G.K.Chesterton  (2020-07-14 12:55:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Man... I’m dumb
by mitquinn  (2020-07-14 22:46:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I go there twice a week and never considered Championship... doh!

ESPN+ has aired multiple games every weekend all season *
by Siegfried08  (2020-07-14 12:19:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ESPN+ would be a great investment for the Championship
by miamioh_irishfan  (2020-07-13 20:28:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

run in.

You'd get a boat load of the final 3 weeks plus the playoff.

I thought leeds is guaranteed a top 2? *
by fourputtmd  (2020-07-13 16:48:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

your right....but they have two bottom feeders left *
by fourputtmd  (2020-07-13 16:50:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Need 4 points from 3 games
by SixShutouts66  (2020-07-13 17:01:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Leeds 84 points +35 GD
WBA 81 points + 33 GD
Brentford 78 pts + 43 GD
Fulham 76 pts

Brentford seems to be on fire after the restart. Hopefully big time football returns to Elland Road.

It always interested me what teams "should be" in the EPL based on size of the club and its history (e.g. Nottingham Forest and Blackburn rank with Leeds as members of that club that aren't in the EPL).

Not to mention the incredible story that is Wigan Athletic
by miamioh_irishfan  (2020-07-13 16:24:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If you have a subscription to The Athletic a) their soccer content is incredible and b) the Wigan story will blow your mind.

Wigan led relegation-threatened Hull 7-nil at HT last night
by fortune_smith  (2020-07-15 06:05:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

8-nil final.

Would be fun to see Wigan beat the drop in spite of the 12-point deduction, which they’re also appealing. Wigan just does it on goal differential in the current table, though Barnsley is two points back with its current-round match tomorrow at Leeds.

Wow. That’s crazy. I wonder if that has ever happened in any
by tex29  (2020-07-13 16:17:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of the first two divisions of a European domestic league.