Any Domers still in MLS?
by G.K.Chesterton (2020-07-18 22:44:08)

I've seen more MLS games in the past week than in the past 5 years (it helps when they aren't buried on ESPN+) and it got me thinking about Matt Besler and the guy who played for the Timbers years back.

Harry Shipp is still on the Sounders roster, although ...
by Rocksteady74  (2020-07-19 20:11:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... I think he intends to retire this year. I believe he is enrolled in the MBA program at Northwestern.

Some:
by SavageDragon  (2020-07-19 11:01:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Matt Besler is still on Sporting KC.
Nick Besler is still with Real Salt Lake.
Tommy McCabe is on FC Cincinnati.
Jon Gallager is owned by Atlanta United, but was loaned to Aberdeen in Scotland this season.
Dillon Powers started the season in MLS, but moved to Dundee United in Scotland.
Justin Morrow still plies his trade for Toronto FC.

Another ND notable just retired this season: Harry Shipp

The player who played the longest ago at ND that I could still find playing, in this case abroad, is John Mousinho, who wears the armband for League One side Oxford United. They were contenders for promotion to the Championship before the League One Playoffs were cancelled due to COVID.

Lower English League playoffs did occur
by SixShutouts66  (2020-07-19 13:12:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It seems Leagues 1 and 2 and the National League eventually had playoffs based on the table standings at the time of the suspension of play. Oxford made the finals, but lost 2-1 to Wycombe. The Premier League and Championship Leagues resumed the regular season.

Thanks for the update.

Thanks for the recap! *
by spade  (2020-07-19 13:05:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post