Well, CP22 made that interesting
by TerramarIrish (2020-07-22 17:24:26)

Although I'm no fan of Chelsea, it's nice to see him thrive.

I had been critical of him early on. I thought his movement off the ball wasn't good - he ran into spaces where he wasn't needed, or his runs were ill-timed - and he looked timid and a bit confused.

Since the restart, he looks much more sharp and confident. He moves with purpose and plays with composure. It's really a joy to watch. I wonder if Lampard did anything to sort him out tactically during the break? I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they'd had many virtual film sessions. He just seems way more "in phase" with the rest of the team.

It also seems like he and Mount aren't on the field at the same time as much (at all?) any more. Could be that they just haven't figured out how to compliment each others' games yet?

He’s darn good and likely deserves
by Donger  (2020-07-24 19:36:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to start most games, but I think he is also fun in that role in coming in at that the 55-50’ mark and providing a spark.

He’s been way off today.
by baloo88  (2020-07-26 12:23:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Loose touches. Not finding the right pass.

Still got the hockey assist on the second goal. *
by Mr Wednesday  (2020-07-26 14:14:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is it just me or does Lampard look for any excuse not to
by G.K.Chesterton  (2020-07-25 22:06:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

start him?

Rumor is that he’s still not 100% free of injury.
by 3rdSt  (2020-07-26 10:39:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Apparently Lampard was very involved in his recuperation and coaching coming out of lockdown.

Sunday should be fun *
by iudomer  (2020-07-23 12:07:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yeah, meaningful games at both
by terramarirish  (2020-07-23 20:59:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ends of the table...definitely going to be entertaining.

Outstanding difference maker on the pitch *
by spade  (2020-07-23 11:20:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He and Mount tend to take the same space
by wcnitz  (2020-07-22 17:55:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Something I noticed earlier in the season. Lampard clearly noticed it too.

There are times when Mount is either staying too wide or parking too far forward. Less of an issue since the restart. Pulisic is shading into the 18 routinely when the ball is wide on the other side.