The week’s truly important London derby @Wembley is upon us
by fortune_smith (2020-08-04 14:16:30)

Championship playoff final: Brentford-Fulham.

COYW !!!

Fun match, Tim Ream in the PL
by wcnitz  (2020-08-04 17:30:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Last 15’ or so were bonkers.

The keeper mistake on the first goal was really, really bad. Bad position, wrong footed, etc. Yikes.

Won relegation, but will likely lose his job.
by SavageDragon  (2020-08-04 23:18:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Defenders are relatively cheaper than attackers, and a 33-year-old mostly-Championship-level lifer is a key target for buying a replacement.

'keeper abandonned station, was cheating on the cross ....
by fortune_smith  (2020-08-04 18:10:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Word from the Fulham camp is that they had identified that tendency reviewing film.

Joe Bryan sold it well, was looking everywhere but the goal and then buried it from 38-40 yards.

Initially on the live-stream I thought the ball had gone into the side netting.

We've got Bryandinho !!!

Yep
by wcnitz  (2020-08-04 19:37:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My son and I were watching and thought the same thing - side netting. Just couldn't believe a low shot like that made it past the keeper from that far out.

About that first goal... (I didn't see the game.)
by G.K.Chesterton  (2020-08-04 17:32:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It would be worth £135m to Fulham, £160m to Brentford.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2020-08-04 14:29:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Don't ask me why the money would be different.

Fulham still receiving parachute pmts after 2018/19 debacle *
by fortune_smith  (2020-08-04 18:11:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Brentford is cursed, wow
by wcnitz  (2020-08-04 17:29:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Lost every playoff promotion match ever.

Fulham was in the Premier League recently
by Dr Muppet  (2020-08-04 16:45:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When teams are relegated back to Championship they get a bit of residual/parachute money for they first few years unless they earn promotion. I assume that's the difference here.

Precisely *
by fortune_smith  (2020-08-04 18:12:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post