Sorry. I misinterpreted what you wrote
by Steelhop (2020-10-08 12:43:26)

In reply to: I didn't say all kids will turn to soccer.  posted by NDMike2001

But, I also don't think you right in the sense that youth soccer is at some tipping point of acceptance at the millenial level (though I might be misunderstanding your point).

Youth soccer has been at about the 3 million or above participants since the late 90s (likely from the 94 WC games). I'm not sure what else can happen for it to grow more.

I lived all over the place growing up in the US. I always played soccer and baseball in every place I lived until 7th grade. It was just something to keep me busy. In 7th grade, my parents finally relented and let me play football. I then moved to MD and started playing lacrosse. So I guess what I am getting at is that if soccer isn't at some tipping point, I doubt it ever will. This isn't to say soccer won't be part of the sports landscape but that other sports come along. I know flag football has exploded in the last 10 years so while the thought is it might be soccer as the move for many parents - my guess is kids will go to something else...as I said lacrosse or flag football or who knows.