Sad news for any Total Soccer Show listeners.
by baloo88 (2020-10-19 12:40:13)

If you listen somewhat regularly, you probably know that co-host Daryl Grove was diagnosed with cancer last year and has been absent from the show recently. Today, they announced that Daryl's treatment has failed to produce the results they wanted and that Daryl has begun hospice care.

Daryl brought a ton of positive energy to the American soccer community, and I'm really going to miss hearing his voice.

He passed away *
by wcnitz  (2020-10-23 10:04:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I loved Taylor Rockwell's story about US Soccer's support
by Irishlawyer  (2020-10-23 10:41:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"The second thing I wanted to share is a story. I got to see Daryl a couple days ago. I tried to prepare myself emotionally but still struggled when I was with him. Searching for something to say, I blurted out “US Soccer emailed to show their support” and Daryl lifted his head, looked me in the eye, and said, “Berhalter interview?’"

Daryl will be missed.

OMG this is terrible news
by Allumeuse  (2020-10-20 15:30:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hadn’t listening to the pod yet but this is devastating. Darryl’s joy for the game, his cheer, his know how, all some of the best in covering American soccer. I have introduced people who didn’t care a lick about soccer to this pod and they started to be fans because of him. This will be just a terrible loss, especially given how hard he has fought this since the start. Hell, early on he even recorded some pods straight after treatments and he never let being sick keep him from watching any match he wanted.

My prayer are with him and his wife. Just awful news.

Yeesh
by miamioh_irishfan  (2020-10-19 16:21:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I had no idea.

Honestly ruined my drive to work this morning
by Irishlawyer  (2020-10-19 14:51:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was sick to my stomach and so sad to hear. I couldn't bring myself to listen to the "best of" episode. Daryl Grove seems like one of the most genuinely nice guys ever.