Champions League starts today
by miamioh_irishfan (2020-10-20 16:19:31)

which means new coverage for TV viewers. I copped the $5.99 a month for CBS All-Access which gives me streaming access to all games. So far it's miles better than the B/R TNT attempt. The Golazo feed that bounces from one game to another is a great way to watch everything. Significant upgrade.

I thought all coverage was All Access only.
by ChicagoWave03  (2020-10-20 17:55:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was pleasantly surprised to be able throw on CBS Sports Network to see the red zone style coverage while I was working this afternoon. If they are going to keep that available every gameday, then I'll be happy, given Arsenal is not involved.

Univision says 20% of their viewers are non-Spanish speaking
by G.K.Chesterton  (2020-10-20 23:41:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Since I dropped CBS All-Access after the free two-month trial, I am going to have to scrounge around or just watch highlights.

Those games on television will be featured across UniMas, TUDN, Galavision and – later in the tournament – Univision. Games not televised will be streamed via TUDNxtra.

YTTV carries CBS Sports Network.
by ChicagoWave03  (2020-10-21 12:21:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So as long as I throw up Golazo on my iPad in the afternoon, i'll be happy.

Also, what a terrible name.

It was nice having a Red Zone style channel, for sure
by wcnitz  (2020-10-20 17:03:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Random crap:
Dortmund pulled a Dortmund.
Pique is an idiot.
Tuchel has a foot out the door.
Ole needs to treat every match like a big one.
Lampard needs to get his front three straightened out, because what was happening today was a clusterfuck.

On the last part
by HTownND  (2020-10-21 17:07:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm willing to wait until this starting XI has had a few weeks of actually training together, which literally started this week

Werner*
Pulisic
Havertz*
Ziyech*
Kante
Jorginho
Chilwell*
Zouma
Silva*
Reece James (or Azpi)
Mendy*

The preseason was already shortened, throw in 6 of those 11 are new to the club (*) and need to settle in, he's getting a pretty long leash these days.

Like I said, when that team above is the main starting XI and has had a few weeks to train together, it won't be a clusterfuck. We've seen enough glimpses to know that now.

Oh, I agree
by wcnitz  (2020-10-21 17:11:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think there are some issues, though, that he has to get settled for sure. Playing Pulisic in front of James probably isn't going to work long-term. James isn't the right guy to pair with him. If you're gonna put him on the left, great, but keep him there and stop moving him around.

I also don't like seeing Havertz wide so much. It's not where his skill set should be on the pitch.

I concur
by HTownND  (2020-10-22 10:36:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think he's been wide because Ziyech and Pulisic weren't healthy, and they were trying to mix and match with Mount and others.

I think Frank's ideal has always been Pulisic out left (and keep him there), Havertz more central, and Ziyech out to the right, with Werner up top (or Abraham, or Giroud).

With CHO and Mount providing relief at several spots (because their skills are better suited to the moving around, more than Havertz as you state).

I find the hand wringing fascinating.

Most Chelsea fans know the score, and are being patient. Roman and Chelsea get knocked all the time for constantly changing direction, and not building a program/stability. And the second they start doing that, articles start popping up, Lampard better show results soon, etc.

Thankfully, no one inside of Chelsea feels or is acting that way, we all know this is going to take time, despite the click bait that Lampard needs to start showing results immediately. He's got a long leash and time to actually build this out. No one is panicking. Moreover, no one looks clear cut favorites to win the league this year, so another top 4 is clearly within reach at the moment, which is the goal.

PS - Peter Cech being on our UCL squad is amazing to think about.