I concur
by HTownND (2020-10-22 10:36:37)
Edited on 2020-10-22 12:53:17

In reply to: Oh, I agree  posted by wcnitz

I think he's been wide because Ziyech and Pulisic weren't healthy, and they were trying to mix and match with Mount and others.

I think Frank's ideal has always been Pulisic out left (and keep him there), Havertz more central, and Ziyech out to the right, with Werner up top (or Abraham, or Giroud).

With CHO and Mount providing relief at several spots (because their skills are better suited to the moving around, more than Havertz as you state).

I find the hand wringing fascinating.

Most Chelsea fans know the score, and are being patient. Roman and Chelsea get knocked all the time for constantly changing direction, and not building a program/stability. And the second they start doing that, articles start popping up, Lampard better show results soon, etc.

Thankfully, no one inside of Chelsea feels or is acting that way, we all know this is going to take time, despite the click bait that Lampard needs to start showing results immediately. He's got a long leash and time to actually build this out. No one is panicking. Moreover, no one looks clear cut favorites to win the league this year, so another top 4 is clearly within reach at the moment, which is the goal.

PS - Peter Cech being on our UCL squad is amazing to think about.