Lampard has problems
by dwjm3 (2021-01-03 12:07:02)

They look awful against City.

Let’s be honest here...
by mitquinn  (2021-01-03 20:41:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They allowed Arsenal to score three goals....

Fact
by HTownND  (2021-01-11 10:59:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm glad Werner and Havertz got off the schneid this past weekend.

But it's Moracambe.

Now that Ziyech is back, I hope Frank rotates the front some more. Werner and Havertz look gassed.

And we really do need 1 more CB at this point.

That said, the sky is not falling, and while we are all used to Roman having a short fuse and quick trigger, I just don't see it happening. They seem to all understand that this sort of stuff takes time (for once)

From all insider perspectives, Roman saw what Liverpool did, and is looking to emulate that model more (not style of play, but give time to build it up). Also, while it's a media narrative given the outlay of cash. It was basically spending to catch up on the previous missed windows, and offloading that Hazard/Morata cash they had been sitting on. It's not like Roman ponied up the money himself, it was sitting there for almost 12 months waiting to be spent.

But back to Klopp. He came in to start the 2015 season. Here are his finishes:

8th
4th
4th
2nd
1st

From all accounts, Frank is going to get this year and next, at a minimum.

As long as he's top 4 the next two, he'll be fine. And while they have had a bad stretch, they are currently 6 points out of 3rd and 7 points out of first, on January 11th. Their next 4 are Fullham, Leicester, Wolves and Burnley. They need to make some hay over the next 4, and they should be in a good position.

Technically, Klopp started in October of 2015.
by NDBass  (2021-01-13 14:31:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They were 10th in the league when he took over. I don't know if a full pre-season and season would've made a huge difference, but I don't think it would've hurt. That being said, not having any European competitions in 2016-2017 helped as the roster was still being upgraded.

Thanks
by HTownND  (2021-01-14 10:56:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For some reason I had it in my head that took place right before the season or during the pre season.

True
by dwjm3  (2021-01-04 10:38:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think City could have score about five if that game turned into a shootout. City wasn’t all that aggressive in the second half.