Hey HTown
by wcnitz (2021-01-16 14:44:16)
Edited on 2021-01-16 14:44:32

Timo has the touch of a wet brick these days, Tammy's positioning is triggering my 16 year old and they were lucky as hell to get 3 points today.

Pulisic spent the first half playing centrally near Giroud, and he is never getting the ball with his face towards goal that way. Finally, late, he went back out wide and - shocker - things started to happen (along with CHO coming in and doing the same).

I don't know what they're trying to do up front. It feels like grab bagging.

I think it is grab bagging
by HTownND  (2021-01-16 17:17:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And right now is the first time in a while everyone was once again available to train and play (at least up front, Kante has been out).

I think they will get it sorted eventually, but so many pieces have been out for stretches, they have had zero opportunity to train and figure it out.

Kante was already suspended, but he has a hamstring issue.

This feels like so much new and no time to build cohesion (lack of pre season, injuries and fixture pile up).

I think we will get it sorted, but it’s going to take some dedicated time in training and in games. Thankfully other than Leicester, their next few fixtures aren’t killer.

We will see where they are on 2/3

The clock is ticking, though
by wcnitz  (2021-01-18 12:38:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What are you expectations for a finish? Just top 6?

According to whom is the clock ticking?
by HTownND  (2021-01-18 15:00:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think it’s interesting, for years, everyone lambasted Chelsea and Roman for his quick trigger.

Yet from all accounts he and Marina are giving Fat Frank a pretty long runway.

And the narrative is he’s heading for the sack from the outside. I get it sells ads and gets clicks, but unlike in the past, Chelsea seem to understand the situation, for once.

And I know everyone points to the outlay of cash this summer. But that was literally spending the money we had already. It’s not like Roman opened his checkbook up. They used the Morata/Hazard cash for 90% of that summer spending. They literally sold those two for just under 200M pounds.

The idea that there is win now pressure is coming from the outside, from most accounts. And I love Twomey but he seems to be the only “insider” pushing the pressure on Frank narrative.

I guess we will see. Everything I’ve seen says a push for a top 4 this year and some more spending in the summer and next year is the one people are pointing to.

I don't mean on Frank
by wcnitz  (2021-01-18 20:32:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think it would be stupid to let him go unless they completely tank. I meant on the season.

I don't think anyone is running away with it, but top 4 is going to be super competitive.

Gotcha
by HTownND  (2021-01-18 22:42:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yeah, I think we need to be in a pretty good spot after the Burnley match.