Report: Paramount+ picking up Serie A after this season.
by G.K.Chesterton (2021-03-23 15:19:28)
Edited on 2021-03-23 15:19:37

CBS Sports have acquired the U.S. rights to Serie A for the next three seasons, according to a report from Italy.

ESPN has the rights until the end of this 2020/21 season, but it’ll be CBS Sports and Paramount+ that will be the destination for Italian soccer for viewers in the United States beginning with the 2021/22 season this August through the end of the 2023/24 season.

Paramount+ to stream up to 79 CONCACAF men’s WC qualifiers.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2021-03-24 12:07:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

CBS Sports today announced the details of an agreement for Paramount+, ViacomCBS’ subscription streaming service, to serve as the exclusive English-language home in the US of qualifying matches for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 for the CONCACAF region of North America, Central America and the Caribbean. The deal includes six away matches for both the United States and Mexico men’s national teams as well as the media rights to all other matches played in the region. Up to 79 matches will stream live on Paramount+ and CBS Sports has the ability to air select matches on linear platforms.

The first of three rounds of qualifying matches kick off this evening (Wednesday) involving teams ranked 6-35 based on FIFA rankings. Tonight’s matches on Paramount+ feature Dominican Republic vs. Dominica at 7:05 PM, ET and Guatemala vs. Cuba at 8:05 PM, ET. The top five ranked CONCACAF teams – Mexico, the United States, Costa Rica, Jamaica and Honduras – join the action in the Third round.

Well - I had hoped I could avoid one more service
by Irishlawyer  (2021-03-25 19:11:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but that seals it.

I hope Bonetti/Donaldson and Gab Marcotti can follow. *
by DillonFightSong  (2021-03-24 10:22:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Can they put Steve Nichol out to pasture? *
by wcnitz  (2021-03-24 10:38:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

To clarify, I want those guys to continue covering Serie A.
by DillonFightSong  (2021-03-24 14:46:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

On Nichol, I don't often watch the ESPN FC daily as it seems to be mostly EPL, but I'd almost feel cheated if there weren't a curmudgeonly British type for the younger guys to play off. He's like an across-the-pond Mike Milbury.

Burley does a better job of it
by wcnitz  (2021-03-24 16:12:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Doesn't turn into a sourpuss when someone gives him some shit.

And I agree regarding the coverage (like Gab and the others). They're very good. Just wish Gab wasn't so anti-German. Hates those Germans.

Their app is trash.
by GoldCoastIrish  (2021-03-24 07:10:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We did the one month trial and found it severely lacking. Freezing, bad UI/UX.

On my Roku...
by iudomer  (2021-03-24 08:54:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

can't even play anything. Have to watch via computer.

FWIW,I've had no issue with Paramount+ on a Hisense Roku TV. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2021-03-24 12:08:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Perfect experience on the xbone
by wcnitz  (2021-03-24 10:37:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I use the web version while I'm watching during my workday, no issues there either.

Kept crashing on my XBO-X.
by GoldCoastIrish  (2021-03-24 13:09:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Tried casting form wife's phone and mine via chromecast, glitchy, crashed out.

We cancelled immediately.

The Paramount app itself was crashing?
by wcnitz  (2021-03-24 16:10:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's weird. I don't think I've ever had that happen.

I'd prefer it if one service just had them all
by wcnitz  (2021-03-23 21:31:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

With NBCSN going by the wayside, I've just assumed the PL will fall to either ESPN or CBS. La Liga is trying to dump BeIN before the contract expires in 2024.

If it shakes out that everything is either on ESPN+ or CBS, I'm happier with that than a split of NBC(SN)(Peacock) + ESPN + FOX + CBS + BeIN.

CBS has done a pretty good job with the CL and Europa leagues. I'm good if they get the PL.