What are you hoping for in the Champions League semis?
by dwjm3 (2021-04-15 16:07:46)

I'd like to see an all England final personally.

I want Chelsea to win it all
by miamioh_irishfan  (2021-04-16 13:48:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just so Htown has to come back and admit that it's ok that Lampard was just a bad manager.

I want Manchester teams to win both UEFA titles to increase
by G.K.Chesterton  (2021-04-15 18:46:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the chances of Liverpool getting to the Champions League next year, even if it kills Merseyside denizens. πŸ˜ƒ

Liverpool would still have to finish Top 4 for UCL *
by spade  (2021-04-16 08:54:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A maximum of 5 PL teams can qualify for Champions League. (link)
by NDBass  (2021-04-15 19:17:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I dont think it opens up a spot though.
by NDMike2001  (2021-04-15 22:03:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If Liverpool were to win the UCL but finish out of top four then 5 EPL teams make UCL. But I don’t see anything that says that a UCL championship from a top four team opens a spot for their domestic league. πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

That is correct.
by NDBass  (2021-04-15 23:19:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was just noting that the PL could only have five teams qualify. If a PL team won both CL and Europa and both finished outside of the top four, the 4th place league finisher would be pushed to Europa. The only way there would be five is if at least one of the Europe title holders were from the PL and at least one finished outside of the top 4.

We even have recent results to help us. Liverpool won CL in 18/19 and Chelsea won Europa in 18/19. Both qualified for 19/20 CL via league position, so the title holder spots went to teams in lower leagues and they entered in the

We comin' *
by GoldCoastIrish  (2021-04-15 19:40:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am the opposite. Madrid v PSG
by KnightlyRevue  (2021-04-15 16:48:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is my preferred outcome. I hope Pep has another year of misery.

Not necessarily my prediction but you did not ask that.

I'd take that.
by NDBass  (2021-04-15 16:58:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It means I'd like Madrid to win, which makes me a bit uncomfortable, but it would be better than PSG or City winning.