France is going to be a monster
by KnightlyRevue (2021-06-03 12:00:04)

and you will see them putter some games but when it matters they will dial it to 11 and bury teams. Big Benz looked awfully comfortable playing one touch with Griez and Mbappe yesterday and while it was just Wales they absolutely dominated.

I was hoping that Portugal might have enough to give them trouble but now that Portugal, Germany and France are all in the same group I am less optimistic they will be able to make a run.

I hope England falls flat on their face and gets launched in the group phase. They are getting way too much play as a serious contender. Then again, who knows...Euro can be wonky. My dark horse is Italy. I think their squad is better than people think and they will show well at this tournament.

Deschamps only thing that can hold them back...
by iudomer  (2021-06-03 15:37:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hope he just lets them play. It will be France/Portugal exiting the Group, wcnitz and I will hope Jogi calls Flick every day.

I think he is going to let them fly
by KnightlyRevue  (2021-06-03 16:46:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

or at least I hope so. Varane/Kante/Pogba/Griez/Benz/Mbappe...yikes.

Man, I just want Spain to make it past the 16s. We are so young and lack the elite playmakers of the past. When you go from San Iker/Puyol/Pique/Ramos/Xavi/Iniesta/Torres and Villa to Simon/Pau Torres/Laporta/Rodri/Thiago/Olmo and Morata you are in deep shit. There is talent as there is always talent but I am not expecting a ton.

Call Hansi?
by wcnitz  (2021-06-03 16:36:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Fuck that, put him on the damn bench.

Thank you Bild...
by iudomer  (2021-06-03 17:39:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

@iMiaSanMia: Most of the NT players have doubts over Joachim Löw's tactics. The Bayern players especially prefer to play a system with a back 4 as they're used to it. Midfielders and attackers are pro back 4 as otherwise some of them would have to sit out for additional defenders [Bild] https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/1400559749633019906/photo/1

how come you think England is overrated?
by boethius  (2021-06-03 14:58:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

this is their best squad in years - which isn't saying much, I know. They still have a lot of quality all around - what's your thoughts on them? other then hoping they lose! lol

I think they have good materials
by KnightlyRevue  (2021-06-03 16:37:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

up front which should produce at Euros but I also think they are really young and inconsistent. At various times in the year Foden, Jadon Sancho, and Rashford went completely silent. Sterling had an awful year by his standard which is a compliment. I think Grealish is a talent but largely unproven and, at times, he plays soft. Kane is a proven, though often injured, commodity who can make a difference.

The midfield is ok I guess. I think Mount is going to be a stud. Kid has a ton of heart. Is Henderson fit? Not sure. Jude Bellingham is a talent but you can't count on him yet.

I am unimpressed with the defense and think direct teams with pace will give them fits. So many question marks. Is Maguire fit? I don't think so. Now Alexander Arnold is out of Euro with a grade 2 quad tear. That hurts. I think Stones will struggle without Dias cleaning up his mistakes. I think Trippier is average.

Dont get me wrong...England can make some noise but how anyone thinks they are favorites is beyond me. The bookies must be loving it.

Kane is often injured, but coming off best year ever
by spade  (2021-06-03 21:16:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's not the weak English link this year

He had a very good year but
by KnightlyRevue  (2021-06-03 22:53:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think 2017/2018 was better. I understand he had more assists this year but I felt he was dominant in 2017. Do people really feel he has been England’s weak link? Pretty crazy given he earned the golden boot at the last World Cup.

Will he take corners?
by iudomer  (2021-06-03 21:55:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hehe

gotcha - I totally agree
by boethius  (2021-06-03 17:50:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

possibly contenders if all goes well - definitely not favourites.

Midfield the weakness *
by iudomer  (2021-06-03 15:38:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They always are *
by wcnitz  (2021-06-03 15:12:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

How can we watch the matches while at home/work?
by DakotaDomer  (2021-06-03 14:26:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Particularly how can chord cutters watch?

Is there a package I can buy for the games?

ESPN owns the rights to Euro
by KnightlyRevue  (2021-06-03 14:47:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in the US. Between ESPN, ESPN2, and ABC they will have roughly 140 hours of games in both group and all the elimination round. I cut the cord a long time ago and stream through Roku with a YouTube TV subscription which has ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU/ESPN News.

Since I have a young one addicted to Marvel I also get the Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+ bundle which is $14/mo cancel anytime and will have spillover games and on demand.

I think I will be all set to see Spain disappoint me :-)

ESPN+ will have the second-screen experience for all 51
by G.K.Chesterton  (2021-06-03 18:49:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

games, but it's unclear to me if that means that ESPN+ viewers won't have access to the regular broadcast.

Agree on Italy - they are always a tough out *
by ndhouston  (2021-06-03 12:18:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post