I think they have good materials
by KnightlyRevue (2021-06-03 16:37:30)
Edited on 2021-06-03 16:40:48

In reply to: how come you think England is overrated?  posted by boethius

up front which should produce at Euros but I also think they are really young and inconsistent. At various times in the year Foden, Jadon Sancho, and Rashford went completely silent. Sterling had an awful year by his standard which is a compliment. I think Grealish is a talent but largely unproven and, at times, he plays soft. Kane is a proven, though often injured, commodity who can make a difference.

The midfield is ok I guess. I think Mount is going to be a stud. Kid has a ton of heart. Is Henderson fit? Not sure. Jude Bellingham is a talent but you can't count on him yet.

I am unimpressed with the defense and think direct teams with pace will give them fits. So many question marks. Is Maguire fit? I don't think so. Now Alexander Arnold is out of Euro with a grade 2 quad tear. That hurts. I think Stones will struggle without Dias cleaning up his mistakes. I think Trippier is average.

Dont get me wrong...England can make some noise but how anyone thinks they are favorites is beyond me. The bookies must be loving it.

Replies: