Anything to worry about with Musah?
by Irish01 (2021-06-07 03:38:06)

Chance to cap tie and never enters a match. I guess I hope he;s injured and there isn’t any uncertainty…

If he had to sit out a match, this was the one
by Irishlawyer  (2021-06-07 11:48:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He should've got a cap in the prior match.

Last night, I can't fault Gregggg (I've removed one "g" in honor of this victory) for putting in guys who understand this series like Acosta and Yedlin. I can't imagine a player wouldn't sit on the sidelines of that match with all that intensity and think "damn, I didn't get capped, I'm leaving". I'd suspect a player on that sideline would be saying "I can't wait to be part of this".

Yep, agree
by wcnitz  (2021-06-07 11:56:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Let's be honest: if we had a proper LCB sitting next to Dest, we'd have been in much better shape last night defensively. I think Gregggg got his tactics right and NAILED his subs. Acosta going back to LB was absolute genius and basically shut down that side after Lainez was toying with Ream. Starting with the wing backs to avoid having to play through the mid because we wouldn't control it was the right thing to do.

In a year or two, we have better options along the back. Ream was duct tape. Long would have been there if he were available. Chris Richards and others will be getting more playing time in the future. Not worried about CB at all.

Last night was the first time I watched USMNT under him and thought 'yeah, he got it really right tonight.' And not just that - he outdid Tata. And Tata's the one who lost his composure.

Regarding Lainez , that dude is exciting to watch.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2021-06-07 12:38:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Who is starting ahead of him from Mexico to keep him off the field?

Probably spite from Tata
by wcnitz  (2021-06-07 12:46:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Who didn't want him moving to Europe.

I think I was typing my message above as you posted yours
by Irishlawyer  (2021-06-07 12:08:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You're spot on. That wasn't a perfect game but it was very well done by the coach - lineups, subs, tactical changes. Such a great job.

I don't *think* so...
by NDMike2001  (2021-06-07 09:26:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But yeah, I'd prefer it to be official.

Would Musah playing on Weds. night take care of this? *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2021-06-07 12:39:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Apparently, it does now (4 friendly appearances) *
by wcnitz  (2021-06-10 10:05:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not worried about this at all
by wcnitz  (2021-06-08 09:03:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Musah's statement earlier this year pretty much closed the door on Southgate. I realize it's possible, but this isn't a Mexico-US situation.

Wednesday's game is a friendly, so no
by Cul Baire  (2021-06-07 16:38:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

However, the Gold Cup later this summer would take care of it.