There's a very real chance they lose tonight
by miamioh_irishfan (2021-09-08 08:26:32)

and are sitting on 2 points after 3 games.

Good thing nobody has pulled away yet I guess.

Mexico benefited the other night from a dubious PK call.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2021-09-08 17:51:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If those here who are experienced in the rules tell me my wrong, I'll accept it, but my buddy and I couldn't believe Mexico got a PK out of that call to win the game.

First two replays looks soft, but last shot looked like PK
by spade  (2021-09-08 18:10:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

On the last look I see his cleats clearly hit up his leg, and the first two camera angles were not what the ref saw. The ref was staring straight at the play. I think if CR player got any of the ball it could have been overlooked, but I thought a real PK.

Also the Costa Rican Oveido didn't seem to be arguing it since it was a big swing and a miss by him on the actual ball from Oveido.

It's a penalty
by wcnitz  (2021-09-08 18:18:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Obviously, the poor victim needed urgent medical care to survive it the horrific attack.

That said, it's soft, but it's a penalty. Unlucky, goes that way sometimes. Don't swing and miss at the ball.

Would make 4 years ago seem great
by spade  (2021-09-08 11:31:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

2 years ago we lost to the two best teams in CONCACAF. One at home to Mexico, as expected. And one on the road at a raucous Estadio Nacional to CR.

This time, drawing against the bottom squads and losing in San Pedo Sula will be a complete disaster. Drawing all three would be tolerable but still worse than what Klinsmann had after 2 games in my opinion.