Apparently there is a plan for a biennial World Cup.
by NDBass (2021-09-13 19:59:37)

I know I have too much going on that I'm just now hearing about this. What an awful idea.

Obligatory reminder.
by No Right Turn on Red  (2021-09-14 09:38:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Dumb
by wcnitz  (2021-09-14 08:06:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Arsene's 'ideas' so far have all been really silly and pointless, but this one is actually bad for both the WC and WWC. Floating a bad idea doesn't necessarily generate good discussion, Arsene.

Arsene just pushing the
by GoldCoastIrish  (2021-09-14 22:00:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Petro-countries agenda. More WC means UAE and Saudi
get one too by 2032. Make the slaves build some stadiums.

Would continental tourneys and WC qualifying be combined?
by DakotaDomer  (2021-09-14 07:29:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Because I’ve never hated the idea that how you finish in continental competition dictates or highly influences your WCQ.

That doesn’t mean I like the idea of every 2 years WC

I thought it was just a plan to move the women's to even yrs
by Mr Wednesday  (2021-09-13 23:29:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Which is still a bad idea as it will end up in the same year as the Olympics, but it's not as bad as having the men's World Cup every two years.

I wasn't aware until now that Arsene Wenger is leading the
by G.K.Chesterton  (2021-09-13 22:19:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

charge for FIFA on this.

Look, UEFA doesn't want anyone horning in on its Euro parade. This is like when Ticketmaster sued Microsoft years ago. This is like throwing piranhas in the shark tank.