An American gets the winner against United
by wcnitz (2021-09-14 14:45:34)

And Jesse Lingaard with the assist of the CL group stage so far.

Michael Oliver sucks *
by iudomer  (2021-09-14 15:46:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thankfully he doesn’t matter
by wcnitz  (2021-09-14 16:44:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In some ways this is similar to 8-2.

Bayern is going about 50% and looks completely unbothered.

It was a training session beat down
by KnightlyRevue  (2021-09-15 10:48:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Barca is going to get better once Dembele and Fati come back at the beginning of October but it looks like a long rebuild. Typical Pique to throw the young players under the bus post game but Busquets was tied in knots, Alba could not keep up and certain veterans (LDJ, Roberto, Pique) are not up to the Champions standard.

The saddest part is that I do not think Bayern played particularly well or intensely. They didn't need to and waltzed through the game with a new coach still feeling his way around the roster. Barca has no chance this year.

Bayern was in 2nd gear...
by iudomer  (2021-09-15 13:44:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

didn't go to anything above that. Their travel schedule since last Wednesday was crazy, so yeah they were a bit tired.

Yeah you could see the fatigue in some of them
by wcnitz  (2021-09-15 13:55:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Goretzka was one. Active off the ball, but not moving too much when Bayern had it. Wouldn't be surprised to see rotation against Bochum this weekend with no midweek game next week.

Busquets was completely overwhelmed
by wcnitz  (2021-09-15 11:21:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's too old to be effective without the ball. He, himself, should realize this. Watching him trying to figure out Kimmich, Goretzka and Muller doing his 'running around all over the place driving you insane' bit was kind of sad.

Oops, there it is.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2021-09-14 15:18:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I had put this game on my smartphone in the kitchen very late in the game and I shut it off, figuring it would end us as a tie. Wrong I was.