The top 4 race in the Premier League will be interesting
by dwjm3 (2022-01-03 14:45:21)
Edited on 2022-01-03 14:45:30

I think Arsenal, West Ham, and Tottenham are still in the mix. I think United exited the race today.

City, Liverpool, and Chelsea are already a lock.

I wouldn't lock in Liverpool just yet.
by NDBass  (2022-01-03 15:31:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They're as close to a lock as I think they can be at this point, but we'll see where they are after AFCON is over and COVID runs its course. They're now pretty damn thin in midfield and in attack with a pretty full schedule.

AFCON will leave them thing, but the competition...
by ChicagoWave03  (2022-01-04 11:17:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is pretty lacking. Arsenal are arguably the only team in the 4-7 range showing much positive momentum and they lost to United and Everton not that long ago (even if they should have beat City last weekend).

They only have two fixtures this month
by siegfried08  (2022-01-08 08:28:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

AFCON is more likely to knock them out of the League Cup than truly impact their top 4 chances.

Also true.
by ChicagoWave03  (2022-01-10 10:50:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe they can get some more "false positives" and continue to delay their league cup ties too.

Wow
by siegfried08  (2022-01-10 12:45:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Didn't think anyone back here would buy into that drivel. You really think they care enough about the League Cup to engage in some sort of Covid-conspiracy to get the dates moved back, but not back far enough where AFCON will be over? And in the process, voluntarily give up home field advantage for the second leg? Real galaxy brain stuff.

I was being sarcastic.
by ChicagoWave03  (2022-01-11 17:27:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the whole thing is comical. From the notion that a major testing operation would deliver multiple false positives, to Klopp's explanation, to Arsenal fans reactions that there was some deep conspiracy when LFC couldn't care less about the League Cup. Everything about the situation was poor form.

Goal differentials show a troubling picture
by SixShutouts66  (2022-01-03 15:12:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Citeh +40
Chelski +29
Liverpool +34
West Ham +10
Arsenal +8
Spurs and ManU +3

Everybody else 0 or negative (13 others)

Not really surprising
by wcnitz  (2022-01-03 16:38:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Most tables are very top heavy among the first 5-6 sides.

Interesting that Bayern and City are both +40 (though Bayern has played 4 fewer matches).