Looks like Matt Turner is headed to England
by wcnitz (2022-01-20 14:46:35)

Arsenal is shipping off Leno and putting in a bid for Turner. Would be good for him overall, I think. Would certainly help his ball skills and passing.

Also, Brendan Aaronson came out tops in distance covered. Not in Austria, but everywhere. Batteries that never run out.

Leeds thought they could get Aaronson...
by iudomer  (2022-01-21 15:12:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it's funny with Red Bull saying not related to Leipzig, denying that bid based on the Augustin transfer.

So now all of our top 3 keepers are backups in England? *
by SavageDragon  (2022-01-20 16:26:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sean Johnson seems to be #3 for Berhalter these days. *
by Mr Wednesday  (2022-01-20 23:09:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Tough to tell
by irishlaw2010  (2022-01-21 16:19:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It felt like similar to the outfield selections, the June 2021 Nations League Final 4 was the current A team (Steffen, Horvath, Ochoa) and the July Gold Cup Tourney was the B team (Turner, Johnson, Guzan) but I think over the last year (Gold Cup and MLS play) Turner has played his way into the top 3.

If the World Cup rosters were due today and assuming full health for everyone, I would guess the top 3 would be:

Steffen, Turner, Horvath in that order. I think Johnson would be the first GK out.

As an NYCFC fan, I say good.
by irishlaw2010  (2022-01-20 15:17:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We would put up nice xG numbers against him and he'd have some great saves.