The US looked good tonight
by wcnitz (2022-06-01 21:43:53)
Edited on 2022-06-01 21:44:17

Pulisic was on point. Glad he's getting out of Chelsea - he clearly needs a change. He's been great for the USMNT for the last year.

sidenote: Hakimi was absolute trash. Yikes.

Wanted to see Mazraoui...
by iudomer  (2022-06-02 11:17:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

too bad he didn't play. Interesting Pulisic slamming the fans for not showing, wonder how much ticket prices were last night.

CP's criticism doesn't sit well with me. He is paid well...
by Rocksteady74  (2022-06-04 19:48:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... to play (and often star) for the USMNT. And he is paid very well to sometimes play for Chelsea. Bitching about working people not shelling out money to watch a friendly against a non-power on a mid-week evening it tone deaf. His sense of entitlement is a bit inflated in my opinion.

Part of me wonders if the players even know
by ChicagoWave03  (2022-06-06 10:15:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

how expensive the tickets were. I might be willing to give him a little slack that the comments were made in ignorance, or in part, directed more at the association for setting the ticket prices rather than the fans.

Friend of mine bought $150 for good seats. Decent = $90
by spade  (2022-06-02 13:04:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's ridiculous for a friendly.

My friend is recovering/quarentining from Covid, so he couldn't make it. I blamed him for Pulisic's comments, haha

Yeah, they were definitely pricey
by wcnitz  (2022-06-02 13:04:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hard to justify showing up for a friendly at those prices.

From what I've read - not cheap at all
by ChicagoWave03  (2022-06-02 12:25:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Like $80-200 per ticket and $40 to park on top of that. At least that's what is floating around on Twitter.

Where are you seeing that Pulisic is getting out of Chelsea?
by reilly  (2022-06-01 22:34:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I too would be glad to see that, but I haven’t seen anything other than speculation that it might happen.

I think it's just rumors still. It seems Chelsea fans
by steez_nutz  (2022-06-02 11:27:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

don't care for CP that much, but the new owner is American who potentially views CP as a marketing tool for the club in the USA. I don't go deep into the soccer tabloids, so my guess is 50/50 he leaves.

I’ve been following it pretty closely
by reilly  (2022-06-02 12:33:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and agree with your assessment. I didn’t know if I had missed something though indicating that he was definitely being sold.

Seems to be an open secret at this point, though
by wcnitz  (2022-06-02 13:05:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That he and his family want out of Chelsea.

and FWIW
by melanzana  (2022-06-02 13:30:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Almost immediately after the season ended, he took any mention of Chelsea out of his IG bio.

What type of ceiling does Tillman have?
by DBCooper  (2022-06-01 21:58:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Does he really have a chance to make the World Cup team?

I had the same Q for Haji Wright
by Irish2003  (2022-06-04 15:11:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think it was from the site that we don't link to, but apparently as a junior he wasn't too far behind Pulisic & Tyler Adams, before taking more time to click as a pro. Nuri Sahin has been a good mentor to him, and IMO having a good finisher could be the difference between making the knockout stages and going home early.

Based on his position, I'd say it's unlikely
by wcnitz  (2022-06-01 22:08:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Injuries can always change that, obviously. But there are guys in the center of the pitch that will stay ahead of him for now.

He has a good ceiling, though. Absolutely could be in the middle of it for 2026.