They likely only have Salah for one more year.
by NDBass (2022-06-17 13:29:34)

In reply to: Mane apparently has a German agent.  posted by G.K.Chesterton

Couple that with Mane actually wanting to leave know and I think you have the answer. Liverpool couldn't get nothing for both of them.

Salah signed a new long-term Liverpool contract today (link)
by irishlaw2010  (2022-07-01 13:05:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'll take my $1M in twenties, NDBass *
by NDMike2001  (2022-07-01 14:57:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sorry, I only have big bills. *
by NDBass  (2022-07-01 21:36:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Damn the luck. *
by NDMike2001  (2022-07-02 09:23:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Care to make a wager.
by NDMike2001  (2022-06-17 13:47:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Look I’m tired of Salah dragging it out. And I’m sure that Liverpool are not offering his “market” rate. But unlike Mane, there’s nowhere else for Salah to go. Especially if Lewandowski goes to Barca.

Sure.
by NDBass  (2022-06-17 14:06:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He might stay, but I'm not sure he's willing to accept what Liverpool are willing to offer. I also think a free transfer opens up possibilities. I'm also not sure Lewandowski eliminates Salah. I don't know what that would do to their finances, but I think the Dembélé situation is something to take into account more. My bet:

There are other places he CAN go.
by NDMike2001  (2022-06-17 14:21:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hell Newcastle can probably buy him now.

He desperately wants to win the Ballon dOr.

And his window to do that is getting smaller and smaller. His issue is that the club which gives him the best chance is also the club with the least amount of money to offer.

I’m just curious. Liverpool aside which 2 clubs do you think offer him the best shot at winning it?

Are we talking realistic clubs?
by NDBass  (2022-06-17 15:44:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Because I think City would offer him a great shot, but that's not realistic. We also know Bayern isn't a realistic possibility, but I think they would offer him a great shot. That essentially leaves Madrid and Barcelona.

PSG is a third, but he'd really have to go bonkers to overshadow Messi. I think Messi would take shine away even if he put up numbers equal to his best at Liverpool. He'd have to go above that and win UCL to win it at PSG. Also, I'm not sure if they consider Messi as their right winger, but I'm sure they'd try to make it work if they could get him.

I struggle to see any realistic ones.
by NDMike2001  (2022-06-17 16:49:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Barca would be one. Madrid would be another and that’s a big emotional step to take I suspect.