ND Playing #2 UVA Women Tonight at Home *
by dillon77 (2022-09-22 19:10:07)

This user did not provide content for this post

As a side note, Paige Buchner, sister of Tyler has committed
by MPG  (2022-09-23 19:51:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to ND soccer. Apparently she is known as a speedy forward with plenty of upside.

The win over UVA was a great example of a team following the game plan to near perfection. The fact that UVA was playing the game as a follow-up to their come from behind 3-2 win over UNC in Chapel Hill may have been a psychological factor

She has been committed for a while.
by BabaGhanouj  (2022-09-23 20:18:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The commit I'm excited about is a 5-10 basketball guard / soccer forward, Meghan Mrowicki. She is pretty fast and has good sizeā€”the better to increase our success on corners.

I won't include any basketball highlights, but here's a page full of soccer highlights:

Wood Starts Over Naylor in Goal
by dillon77  (2022-09-22 19:13:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...Announcers cite her experience, but I thought Naylor showed what she was made of last year and, in the games I've seen, I like her confidence and feel for the three-man D that Norman employs. We'll see ...

Irish Win, 1-0! First Win Over a Top 2 Team Since '15 ...
by dillon77  (2022-09-22 20:59:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... also over UVA. Mercado scores in 2nd half for sole goal. Huge win after the loss to Clemson.

What an improvement over the Clemson game! 1-0 ND! *
by BabaGhanouj  (2022-09-22 20:59:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Absolutely. Consistent Pressure in Middle of Field...
by dillon77  (2022-09-22 21:03:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..and lots of opportunities. Would like to see Wingate shoot somewhere other than the goalie, but outside of that, can't fault effort and execution.

BTW, UVA had 8 or 9 shots and only one on goal.

Right. That first or second shot by Wingate
by BabaGhanouj  (2022-09-22 21:08:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

should have been a goal. I couldn't believe she shot it to the goalie.