It was a poor hire. I know this might not go over well
by KnightlyRevue (2022-09-28 09:15:54)

In reply to: The coach sucks.  posted by NDBass

but I would never have gotten rid of Klingsmen. The guy may be a hardliner but he is a winner with the right mentality. Hiring this guy with very little achievement in his resume has proven exactly what many thought...a failure.

Jurgen wasn't the guy
by wcnitz  (2022-09-28 09:18:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not a great tactician or game manager, and showed that at Bayern.

That said, they should have put him in charge of US Soccer. And listened to what he had to say.

This is correct *
by tcfc  (2022-09-28 21:02:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Agree. I was referencing more of the strategic
by KnightlyRevue  (2022-09-28 11:25:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

elements of how you run a soccer organization end to end. I do not know much about him as a manager other than the few stints he has had which have all been tumultuous (Hertha Berlin being the last disaster). Still, you could do a lot worse (and the US has) than Jurgen as your model builder.

That's been the argument...
by iudomer  (2022-09-28 11:44:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jurgen was right in the approach to developing youth talent in the system. That's changed and now the senior level players need to step up and take that next step.

Given this team's youth, it's that range of age 26-30 in your prime this team is missing. That age bracket would be team leaders, driving the team to great results. Needless to say, '22 probably will not go well and this 22-26 bracket will be in prime for '26.

But Triple G does suck, so coaching needs to be addressed yet.