Pefok coming in to Qatar *
by iudomer (2022-09-29 08:47:13)

In reply to: My biggest issue is that we have wingers who are all  posted by mattchell

This user did not provide content for this post

If he doesn't, we shouldn't allow Gregggggg on the ....
by Rocksteady74  (2022-09-29 10:42:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... plane either. But unless we change tactics or the midfield ups their game, Pefok will be isolated and less effective as well.

It is strange that this so-called 'golden generation' has been so deficient in striker talent. One criticism I have of the Sounders is that they turned Morris into a winger so they could get him on the field at the same time as their Designated Player center striker (Dempsey, now Ruidiaz). Morris had good striker instincts in college, and he has size, muscle and speed. They, and the USMNT, could have honed that. Years down the road the Sounders have tried him their from time to time, but he doesn't look comfortable or instinctive there any more, so he is relegated to being a wing player.

Have the knee injuries slowed him at all? *
by NDBass  (2022-09-29 12:28:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't know the answer to that, but he still is very ...
by Rocksteady74  (2022-09-29 15:14:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... fast. The Sounders use that better than the USMNT. Or at least they did until the rotating injuries to various starters derailed the Sounders' season.