I'd say it works that way at the higher levels
by wcnitz (2022-09-30 16:28:51)
Edited on 2022-09-30 16:29:26

In reply to: The standard changes the WRONG way after a yellow.  posted by SavageDragon

And the weaker-willed referees at the lower levels. But I make it clear to players I've cautioned that they are on very thin ice, unless the caution was for dissent. In which case, I just expect them to shut up.

But that's a IFAB/FIFA guidance issue along implementation, not the laws themselves. Law 12 doesn't account for what you're referring to.

Actually, I think law 12 does in a way
by catripledomer  (2022-10-04 18:50:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's the point of a caution for persistent infringement, right? You break the rules multiple times, you get a caution. At that point you are already persistent, so additional transgressions would be even more persistent.

Sure, that's what PI is for
by wcnitz  (2022-10-04 20:37:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But there's no 'additionally persistent', and, generally, you'll never see a second yellow for PI because the player had already checked their behavior because of the original caution.