I think we are capable of beating the Netherlands *
by dwjm3 (2022-11-29 16:10:47)

This user did not provide content for this post

Absolutely.
by KnightlyRevue  (2022-11-29 22:09:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There is nothing in attack that scares you on the Dutch team. They have some players for sure but this ain’t the 2010 team.

If there is a game for Reyna this is it. USA will need someone to unlock the defense.

Absolutely - we’re undefeated too - playing tougher teams *
by DakotaDomer  (2022-11-29 16:30:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rather take on Netherlands than Senegal. All I’m gonna say *
by wiNDycityfan  (2022-11-29 16:23:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't. *
by GoldCoastIrish  (2022-11-29 16:21:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Then you haven't watched the Dutch *
by wcnitz  (2022-11-29 16:28:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It would sure be harder if Pulisic can't play....
by Marine Domer  (2022-11-29 16:18:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And trying to get him to the half cost a yellow card for Adams. Hopefully that doesn't come back to haunt or make him tentative against the Netherlands.

Ironic that a shot to the nether regions could play such a role against the Netherlands.

I believe cards reset after the group stage, so Adams is not
by guinness1940  (2022-11-29 17:18:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

An issue

While I think we are underdogs, watching the Dutch, I think they can be had.

Should be interesting

I believe cards reset after the group stage, so Adams is not
by guinness1940  (2022-11-29 17:10:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

An issue

While I think we are underdogs, watching the Dutch, I think they can be had.

Should be interesting

I believe they reset after round of 16....but still shouldnt
by fourputtmd  (2022-11-29 17:16:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

matter

They reset after the quarterfinals.
by NDBass  (2022-11-29 17:56:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"If a player receives one yellow card in the group stage and another in the Round of 16, they are ineligible for their team’s quarterfinal matchup. However, there is a “clean slate” from the quarterfinals into the semifinals where all previous cautions are wiped, so no players in the semifinals will be at risk of missing the final matches due to accumulated yellow cards from earlier in the tournament."

this is the most vanilla NED team of my lifetime
by plaid_pants  (2022-11-29 16:14:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can't believe van Gaal is coaching for this kind of performance

I think you only need look at his options
by wcnitz  (2022-11-29 16:20:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Especially in midfield and the wide spots up top. It's just a weaker team than you'd expect.

For sure
by wcnitz  (2022-11-29 16:12:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But it's more likely to go 0-0 and all the way to penalties.

The Dutch are dry as hell.

Yep. Two teams that struggle to score.
by NDBass  (2022-11-29 16:14:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Assuming there's no massive cock up, it'll be penalties.